New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda like Eggman's basic motive this time. It sounds as if he's not out to conquer the world or enslave legions of animals, but that he's personally out to get revenge on Sonic. It's a plot that's rarely been the main focus of the games.

I figured out why all us Oldschool Sonic nerds are whining because of this game! Because it's FOR NEW SONIC FOLLOWERS, TOO. They put the new elements such as the new Sonic and new Eggman because SOME PEOPLE ARE NEW TO SONIC AND DON'T KNOW ANYTHING BUT THE NEW THINGS. That's why I like the game so far, because I'm semi-new to Sonic. I was born when Sonic Jam was made...

I kinda like Eggman's basic motive this time. It sounds as if he's not out to conquer the world or enslave legions of animals, but that he's personally out to get revenge on Sonic. It's a plot that's rarely been the main focus of the games.

one slight problem to that, in one of those screens a small animal *a flicky* appears after a badnik is defeated, so technically he might be doing the enslaving animals thing >.>

Well, yeah, but I don't think that's Eggman's primary goal this time, as it was in Sonic 1. Revamping animal-powered badniks is merely one mean to achieve his goal of eliminating Sonic once and for all.

Understand, though, that this speculation is solely based off a pretty liberal interpretaton of Eggie's character info on the website. Also, I just think it would be hilarous if Sonic totally squashed Eggman's ambitions in Sonics 1 thru Knuckles, so Eggman goes haywire and throws his remaining resources into attempting to kill that one damned hedgehog.

Last edited:
I think I know exactly how the homing attack will work thanks to one screen revealed today, did everyone see the one with a target over a chopper? I think this means it might not target bosses...

EDIT: here is the one I was talking about.
03.jpg

His goal wasn't to eat animals either in S3&K.. it was to build the big Death Star thing and take over the world.

Same for sonic 2...

Last edited:
So wait a minute. Why is the Flicky incredibly old-fashioned, along with pretty much everything BUT Sonic? I mean, I'm not complaining or anything, but it's inconsistent.

The giant headed flickies are new--- the first time I saw them was in Mario & Sonic at the OWG.

1si49i.jpg

You know, I understand why they want the spinning feet (to be all classic, and all that other fun stuff), but slapping an overlay on, like this, just looks ugly. They need to speed up his running animation to keep up with the overlay. Might be nitpicking, sure, but it looks terrible regardless.

XAlted brings up a good point that all Sonic fans cant even try to be optimistic about anything about our blue friend, even when the game ain't even out yet.

Thanks XAlted. You and your friends just ruined the game.

Now could you please tell me how commenting on the running animation automatically means that XAlted will hate the game? Just because he complained about the running animation (and he has a point), that doesn't mean he hates the game before it's released. I really think the Sonic community needs less hostility.

flickies.png

Pretty sure that the flickies didn't exactly go backwards any. They didn't have such exaggerated facial styles in the early games, but I think they might have in the official artwork. Birdie in Sonic Adventure took it a little further and probably closer to the official artwork... S&MOlympics made the style a little bit more cartoony to fit with the chaos and toads and that's what I see here.

Anyway, its looking like they're only going to be showing badniks and concept art from the first zone. We know the next badnik is going to be the buzzbomber, and we know Bubbles is in SHZ (based on the Nintendo Power scans iirc) which is awesome, maybe they can put the hermit crab in the underground areas.

EDIT:

Then again...

4345233694_bf5d6f4894.jpg

Maybe they aren't showing all of the slots at once. Edited post...

Last edited:
XAlted brings up a good point that all Sonic fans cant even try to be optimistic about anything about our blue friend, even when the game ain't even out yet.

That's what happens when things meant to make us excited for the game look bad.

I know Sonic's legs are longer than they were in the past, but Jesus Christ that's hideously wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back