NES emulators

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST218

Okay, first of all, for you people who don't know the rules, this is allowed.

Now, for the real topic. I'm trying to get a decent NES emulator that will record movies, and so far, I've had no luck. The one emulator that runs the game (Kirby's Adventure) decently doesn't record movies. Which sucks. I've tried some other emulators, but they don't run with decent speed. Any suggestions?

I'm sure other emulators like the SNES also opens the NES ROMS, just like me who has the SEGA "AGES" emulator that opens 32x games like the Chaotix, and opens old games like Sonic 1.

Find an SNES one that opens NES ROMS.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
I'm sure other emulators like the SNES also opens the NES ROMS, just like me who has the SEGA "AGES" emulator that opens 32x games like the Chaotix, and opens old games like Sonic 1.

But Ages has different BIOS and bytecode for each console... A MegaDrive emulator can't play SMS / GameGear games using the same BIOS and bytecode...

The only reason that some Genesis emulators play Sega CD and 32X games is because they hook on to the Genesis. The NES does not hook on to the SNES.

While we're on the subject, how do you record movies on Genesis emulators?

Really, I don't know... I only know one emulator that can record movies and is for GBA.

Nesticle can record movies in its own format, but I'd assume you would have already tried that one, since it's _the_ NES emulator.

Actually, I'd suggest Nestopia before Nesticle. Both can record movies just fine, but Nestopia is a better emulator anyways.

Mystic said:
Nesticle can record movies in its own format, but I'd assume you would have already tried that one, since it's _the_ NES emulator.

Am I the only person hoping for a new Nesticle patch? Because I'd really like to play Marble Madness and Punch-Out!! without the garbled graphics.

Walan said:
Mystic said:

Am I the only person hoping for a new Nesticle patch? Because I'd really like to play Marble Madness and Punch-Out!! without the garbled graphics.
Nesticle's programmer left the scene without giving his companions the source, if I recall. Hence, that will be the final version. There are bound to be better emulators at this point, but since I generally only play Mario and Zelda with it, I don't have a need for a better emulator.

FCE Ultra is probably the best around. Unfortunately, it doesn't record movies, which is my problem.

I use some variation of Nester myself. Tried FCE Ultra, and was using that for the most part, but every minute or so you'd get a few seconds with the sound slightly choppy, and that irritated me enough to move onto a better emulator. Nester's not given me problems yet, outside of not recognizing SMB3 (Japanese version, US works fine).

Of course, I own an NES, so why emulate?

Well, em and anothr person online share a common passion for Kirby games. And, to show off how leet skillz (HA!), and to help him record in real life, I'm recording some of my playing. If you look on my website, you'll notice that I've mentioned that I have ZMVs of Kirby Super Star.

*Ahem*... So, about that Genesis emulator movie recorder thingy... =(

Ritz said:
*Ahem*... So, about that Genesis emulator movie recorder thingy... =(
I believe people have modified Gens to have video support, but I've yet to find this fabled upgrade, despite having one Gunstar Heroes video that is compatible with it.

No, wait, here it is.

I want do an emulator of MegaDrive, SegaCD and 32x, but I haven't the bytecode for do it yet... My idea is do an emulator with a GIGANTIC debug specially designed for hacking. ;) Hovewer, I can't do it (remember, the bytecode)... :cry:

Shadow Hog, have my children. Now. Don't try to run, you WILL be the mother of my children. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back