• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Neo Metal Sonic in SRB2... (WIP)

cool, anyway you should make base form modern metal sonic before make him i think, anyway, what about make neo and modern metal as two different characters ?
Post automatically merged:

do you have discord ? i want talk
That's.... iffy. Whilst Sonic in his modern design has shown more unique abilities, modern Metal is either just a slightly lankier SRB2 Metal or just Neo Metal Sonic with the unique abilities.

cool, anyway you should make base form modern metal sonic before make him i think, anyway, what about make neo and modern metal as two different characters ?

do you have discord ? i want talk
I do have discord. It's mentioned in the last sentence of my first post. My username is BinoDino#9278, plus I am on the SRB2 Discord

While I am online, and in the thread, might as well drop some images, huh?

The Hud Icon

XTRAA0.png

Sign

SIGNA0.png

Neo Metal Continue Sprite vs Metal Continue Sprite

Cont_Compare.png

I've been trying to learn how to make sprites in the SRB2 Style
You sure your new to making sprites in SRB2 Style? That looks JUST like metal from srb2 but with extra Neo touch, I love it! Your idea abilities sound very good, though I think Clone Character uses the same ability like you mentioned. So IF ITS REUSEABLE, You should be allowed to use their script. (If it's still there...)

I do have discord. It's mentioned in the last sentence of my first post. My username is BinoDino#9278, plus I am on the SRB2 Discord

While I am online, and in the thread, might as well drop some images, huh?

The Hud Icon

View attachment 44413

Sign

View attachment 44414
Neo Metal Continue Sprite vs Metal Continue Sprite

View attachment 44415
It took me so long to type that you posted this... well good job still 👍

You sure your new to making sprites in SRB2 Style? That looks JUST like metal from srb2 but with extra Neo touch, I love it! Your idea abilities sound very good, though I think Clone Character uses the same ability like you mentioned. So IF ITS REUSEABLE, You should be allowed to use their script. (If it's still there...)

It took me so long to type that you posted this... well good job still 👍
The first couple of sprites have bits and pieces that are straight out of Metal. For example, the eyes and muzzle are basically identical, but the blue bits on the muzzle are replaced with gray. The hands are the same, but the gold highlights on the hands are also replaced with silver. And I tried to emulate the shading on the head. Each sprite has taken me multiple days to do, and get to do right

As for the ability, I had a different idea. I wanted to do a ring, similar to Pointy Sonic's Emote Ring, where each selection represents a different character to morph into. The ring would dynamically change in size, based on how many characters are unlocked and loaded in the game. Luckily, Pointy Sonic is reusable, but I can't read LUA too well, so I don't know what the heck to do, LUA-wise. Hopefully, I will start learning LUA over the summer though, unless someone wants to guide me in the right direction

As for the ability, I had a different idea. I wanted to do a ring, similar to Pointy Sonic's Emote Ring, where each selection represents a different character to morph into. The ring would dynamically change in size, based on how many characters are unlocked and loaded in the game. Luckily, Pointy Sonic is reusable, but I can't read LUA too well, so I don't know what the heck to do, LUA-wise. Hopefully, I will start learning LUA over the summer though, unless someone wants to guide me in the right direction
Ah, that sounds cool! Sadly I am the dumbest person alive so I'm sorry I cannot help with any of this. Though this is so cool that I will check here often for any updates! I wish you luck on your mod!

maybe in that of transform into every character you could try something like what does botskin, you change into all loaded characters and you have all them abilities, then you can do what you say of pressing the three custom buttons to get back into neo metal, but i recommend "those flag" instead of the three custom buttons (only if there isn't any of them available)

mal posso esperar ficar pronto quero muito poder jogar com ele
Oi, presumo que você seja novo aqui. No quadro de mensagens, as regras dizem que você deve falar inglês. Leia também o resto das regras. Obrigado!

Hi, I assume you are new here. On the message board, the rules say you must speak English. Also read the rest of the rules. Thanks!

Hopefully I used their language so they can understand.

Uh... hi... (first post on the MB, so go easy on me; it's also my first SRB2 mod that I feel like could actually happen)

So, I wanna make Neo Metal Sonic, from Sonic Heroes, in SRB2, as a playable character...

ANYWAYS, ON TO THE SALES PITCH!

DmwqndpX0AAjZSv.jpg:large

I've already gotten 1 sprite made (STNDA1):
STNDA1.png

(Yes, only 1... I've been trying to learn how to make sprites in the SRB2 Style, and this was my first fairly-successful attempt)

---THE MOVESET---

Like Normal Metal Sonic, Neo Metal will have Dash mode, obliterating all enemies

Jump Ability: He won't have Metal's Hover, instead he will likely have Airdrill or Flight (not sure yet)...

Spin Ability: He will shoot lightning from his hands like a mad lad

Dolphin_2015-08-23_22-12-33-270.jpg

Now for the meat and bo-... err, Gears and Skeleton of the character...

---THE CUSTOM ABILITY!!!---

In Sonic Heroes, along with the comics, Neo Metal has a very unique ability that I have no idea how to code in LUA... shapeshifting.

Neo Metal is able to shapeshift into any character who's life data he has analyzed, and I want to replicate that...
I want Neo to be able to shapeshift into any character loaded into the game, including other custom characters...
While morphed, he would have all the abilities of the character he morphed into, and would be able to return to his base form, probably by pressing all three custom buttons at once

I have an idea on how it could be done, but I have no LUA experience whatsoever (I do have Python and C experience though, so I have somewhat of a coding mindset). I don't want to go to much into detail with it, unless someone says that they want to either help do the LUA, or at least teach me how to LUA

---CONCLUSION---

Anyways, I just wanted to say that this project could be put on hold until the summer if school is being sucky...

And it if doesn't then my plan would be by the end of the year, judging by my current pace...

Anyways, I would love some help, either with spriting or LUA (if no one does with the spriting, that's fine, but as previously stated, I have absolutely no LUA experience)

Last thing I wanna say is, well, thanks for reading this... it took me a while to formulate my ideas into a somewhat brief sales pitch

Once again, thanks for reading, and I hope that this at least kinda works... (at least the shapeshifting part)

If you need me, I am on the SRB2 Discord, my username is BinoDino#9278, and obviously, I am here on the MB, so yeah..

BYE!
This looks sick bro, I’ve been waiting for a Neo Metal Sonic mod ^^, good luck 👍

The shapeshifting ability? Clone fighter did that.
Told them about it already. I don't want to ping them for no reason so I'll just quote it here
As for the ability, I had a different idea. I wanted to do a ring, similar to Pointy Sonic's Emote Ring, where each selection represents a different character to morph into. The ring would dynamically change in size, based on how many characters are unlocked and loaded in the game. Luckily, Pointy Sonic is reusable, but I can't read LUA too well, so I don't know what the heck to do, LUA-wise. Hopefully, I will start learning LUA over the summer though, unless someone wants to guide me in the right direction.

If I'm honest, I haven't had much of a chance to work on it, since my college schedule was alot more... hectic than I thought it would be. It's at about the same place it was a year ago.

(It also doesn't help that the original computer I had the files on bricked, with the only sprites I have left being the ones I posted)

Honestly, I am really tempted to scrap the mod completely at this point

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back