Need help coding a custom projectile.

Next101x

Heya, me once again. I'm still struggling very much on the Playable Terra mod I'm making.
So, the custom projectile is none other than Terra's weapon, Spark Chaser.

I want to make it as close as I can, and here's what I've noticed with the projectile in MM8BDM.

1. It has a frequent stop-and-start pattern. It flies forward for a second, then stops to figure out where the target is, flies forward, stops, etc.
2. Each time it stops to look for the target, it plays a sound.
3. The projectile is only destroyed when the first of its segments hit a wall.
4. The actual sprites themselves are the two dots for the pointers (one dot at standstill), and a small segment that when put together creates the laser.
5. The projectile has a homing nature, focusing on the nearest thing enemy.
6. And on top of all that, it has a unique shooting sound that isn't played when it moves.
(optional, though preferred.) 7. Being able to shoot 3 of them, instead of relying on the gunslinger's 1 projectile limit.

I'm just looking for some pointers in the right direction here. If you do want to help over on Discord, my tag is Next101x#5771. I really don't have much programming skill, the only experience I have with Lua is FNF's Psych Engine, but that's completely different than SRB2's Lua.

(i know this is basically borderline asking for stuff, can't wait for this to age well on my end)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back