• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Need a bit of assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I am new to this kind of thing, making my own character, so I am asking if any of you could help. I just need images of Tails so I can make my character, Jade. He looks like Tails, but with a different coloring and a third tail, and is a bit faster than Tails. When I am done, I will release him on this site, under the Releases forum

You can make a copy of tails.plr than rename the copy to yourcharacter.wad and then you can export the pictures by using the latest XWE beta (found in their website) and then you can edit them using an image editing program (I recommend the GIMP, because it can handle pallets).

I am making my own wad too. It is a wierd looking wad... If I could post pictures I would show you what he looks like. But don't make fun of him it is my first wad.... The name is Shoadampioails :eek: . I know that is a mouth-full but when he is done I will release him to the world.

I am making my own wad too. It is a wierd looking wad... If I could post pictures I would show you what he looks like. But don't make fun of him it is my first wad.... The name is Shoadampioails :eek: . I know that is a mouth-full but when he is done I will release him to the world.

Save yourself a lot of pain and just don't create the wad. We aren't exactly the biggest fans of recolored SRB2 characters.

But it's just a little thing I decided to make on my own. I just need recolored Tails images with an extra tail. Then I believe I can take it from there. I mean, I already have the face part set up, and I can make the FaceName thing, too. I just need images for the 3d image for the game part! Then after that, I just need to make the file a WAD file, so I can actually USE it in my games!

I can tell you. Go into XWE and open "tails.plr". Then click on the frames and go to entry then "Save as". Don't name the frames anything it should say "File name will be ignored" so keep it that way. Then save them to a folder. Then you have tails frames! :D .

Yeah, a lot of people start by making character wads, which is usually not a good start. Besides the fact that it takes a long time, it usually ends up being bad. I only recommend it for very artistic people or at least a person committed to making 100 plus frames. I have started out with maps. It takes time to learn, but it is much faster to complete.

Kids

Hey, Jade! This is Kids, Jade Prower sounds like a good character! :) and if anyone recognizes me from asking (by mistake, remember, i'm new here) where I could find Luigi and Yoshi. I'll download this as soon as you have it done.

Uh, bump?

Seriously, don't post on stuff you find on Google, or the search function for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back