Mystic Server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering if it's possible to host a game with the mystic wad.
I tried hosting but my friends can't join the server, it gives an error message when they try to join a game while playing with the Mystic wad on, and it gives them an error message when they try joining my server with no wads on.

You can play online with any wad.
It might help if you'd tell us what that error is.

ok, cool, the error my friend got was "You have wad files loaded and/or have modified the game in some way. Please restart srb2 before connecting."
(He tried restarting and it didnt work).
Also, he was trying to manually join the server with a command, but he couldnt remember it, and neither of us can find the manual to look it up.

Joiners are not supposed to load the wads, they will be automatically loaded when they join the game. If you load the wads before joining, you will not be able to join. Also, both players must have the same version of the wad.

Quagmire4444 said:
ok, cool, the error my friend got was "You have wad files loaded and/or have modified the game in some way. Please restart srb2 before connecting."

Wouldn't you say that error pretty much speaks for it's self? x_X

Just don't have him load the wad. Only the host can have the wad loaded.

I know what to do ok add your wad and use the console and type in connect <some one IP address> and press enter and there but dont use your WAD in some one netgame because you will get this error
Code:
you have been kick (consistency failure)

You should never load wads by yourself when joining someone else's netgame, because it will cause consistency failures. This is why the menus will not let you join if you have wads loaded.

When you join a netgame, the WADs will load by themselves, if you have them on your computer. The only time you need to load WADs for online play is if you're hosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back