My votes

TehRealSalt

(σᴥσ)
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Shadow of Atlantis Zone > Oasis Palace Zone > Rustic Templar Zone > Wild West Zone 2 > Hectic Harbor Zone > Toffee Tor Zone 1 > Myriad Memories Zone > Aqua Paradise Zone > Metallic Madness Good Future > Spyro Ripto Blast 2 - Snowflake Ridge > Overgrown Heights Zone > Heroes Hall > Magma Falls Zone > Anteggtica Zone > Cluttered Cave Zone 2 > Concordian Coast Zone > Crystal Cave Zone > Wasteland Wilds Zone > Hypertower Zone > Valley Falls Zone > Cyan Heights Zone

Very good show overall, I don't think a single level didn't give me at least a little bit of enjoyment, and it was pretty difficult to rank them.

Criticism/first impressions per level are in THIS video:

... but here's a few sentences on each level anyway to explain exact placement anyway.

Shadow of Atlantis Zone: Extremely memorable because of the cute ways it used its inspiration. It's that kind of creativity and fun I love in maps
Oasis Palace Zone: Favorite gameplay entry, had tons of variance with open/closed spaces, and did everything it could with its gimmicks
Rustic Templar Zone: All around solid level with detailed set-pieces, don't have much to say :)
Wild West Zone 2: I kinda slept on this level in my video, I thought about it again and was struck by how consistently good this level was
Hectic Harbor Zone: One of my personal favorites because the visuals & action made me want to be stylish; one of my favorites even if it was rough around the edges
Toffee Tor Zone 1: Very simple but good fun level, space is used pretty well and there's good high/low ground. Has the RoyKirbs level style, but its been polished since the SUGOI trilogy
Myriad Memories Zone: Liked the gimmick room setup, but had a few little obvious problems with some of the individual challenges. Not being able to see springs in Software, a confusing cheesable question, etc. Liked the change of pace from the other levels
Aqua Paradise Zone: Very cool looking and fun to roam around in, but some areas just felt kind of empty and not a lot going on. Very solid overall though
Metallic Madness Good Future: Pretty much nothing except some slope play going on, but really beautiful to make up for it
Overgrown Heights Zone: Really dig this one but there were some fairly questionable parts, like checkpoint and enemy placement
Spyro Ripto Blast 2 - Snowflake Ridge: Really wanted to like this one but the enemy placement combined with death pits kind of ruined this one for me. Would only get worse after dying, since all of the enemies would respawn and make the level even more cluttered. Gave up on the snowman challenge because I got sniped into a pit at 13/14 snowmen :(
Heroes Hall: Liked everything here, but it got really long and the custom enemy could've used a bit more telegraphing
Magma Falls Zone: Strange. Was really good, but felt unfinished because of how none of the side-passages had anything in them, and the door puzzle at the very end has no telegraphing
Anteggtica Zone: Was loving how this map was shaping up... and then it ended! Aw :(
Cluttered Cave Zone 2: Interesting stuff but the directioning was really bad, most of the level was figuring out how to make progress at all and not go in a circle
Concordian Coast Zone: Shows promise but it's sooooo short
Crystal Cave Zone: Trippy visuals, but not a lot happened, and was very claustrophobic. Would like to see something longer and more fleshed out
Wasteland Wilds Zone: Pretty fun, but very very empty
Hypertower Zone: Gave me more enjoyment than I'd like to admit, and this is probably the one everyone else will vote last place anyway, so I felt compelled to give this a few more points than it probably should. It was really interesting to navigate, and did some really silly things that gave me a chuckle
Valley Falls Zone: Extremely promising... when it wasn't an underwater maze or desync-able 2D mode segment, whyyyy :(
Cyan Heights Zone: Neat ideas, but ended extremely fast & was very claustrophobic throughout. Has potential though!

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back