My server appears on the MS, but I can't connect to it

Greetings wonderful people!

I've recently been trying to host a srb2 kart server for my discord server, so we can have a fun kart time and all that jazz. I've read and followed a lot of guides, and I was making progress, slowly. Now, i'm stuck at a situation where my server IS on the master server list, HAS the 5029 port, but there is no way to connect to it(?). The server appears as "unreachable" in the server browser, and i'm really confused right now.

The weirdest thing is that it briefly appears on the In-game server list before disappearing.

1634348119371.png

I get that port-forwarding complaints must be really common(and annoying) around here, but i'm at the point where I don't even know what I am doing wrong! If it helps, here is the console log upon creating the server:

1634348626322.png

If anybody can undesrtand what is the problem here, I would be really thankful.

Cheers, and have a nice day!

Greetings wonderful people!

I've recently been trying to host a srb2 kart server for my discord server, so we can have a fun kart time and all that jazz. I've read and followed a lot of guides, and I was making progress, slowly. Now, i'm stuck at a situation where my server IS on the master server list, HAS the 5029 port, but there is no way to connect to it(?). The server appears as "unreachable" in the server browser, and i'm really confused right now.

The weirdest thing is that it briefly appears on the In-game server list before disappearing.

View attachment 54776
I get that port-forwarding complaints must be really common(and annoying) around here, but i'm at the point where I don't even know what I am doing wrong! If it helps, here is the console log upon creating the server:

View attachment 54778

If anybody can undesrtand what is the problem here, I would be really thankful.

Cheers, and have a nice day!
same bro

Hey, sorry for not replying in SUCH a long time, I really didn't want to ghost you, I just got really entangled with college stuff and kinda forgot about the thread.

But yeah, I tried reading the wiki, but to no avail, my guess is that my network operator does not allow for regular port forwarding. For now, i'm having moderate success using Hamachi, even if it is not the best way.

Thanks for the help either way - .-

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back