My server always lags

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyer3f

I have no idea why. Even when I turn off all firewalls, it still lags. When i have no wads, it wont lag. I haven't tried with 1-4, but if I have five or more, it will lag. Anyone have any suggestions?

Connection speed isn't always the issue, it could be computer speed, graphics card or bad latency.

I don't know my connection speed, but I don't lag when I join a server. Also, it lags when somebody joins. But if I kick them, and someone else comes back on it will lag again. My computer has a great graphics card and it's Windows XP Office Edition.

Usually I wind up having lag problems when my family's computers start competing for bandwidth.

Myself with SRB2, my dad with EQ, and my mom working on-line.

Do you have other computers that might taking up bandwidth? For all you know, your problem might be another computer in your house running AIM...

I have DSL, my dad rarely does anything on his computer besides watch videos and use e-mail, and even when I have downloading AND joining off, it will lag if someones still in the server. I'm gonna try hosting again to make sure it is still laggy.

heh, the cause of the lag was certain wads. I'm not sure why, but they cause my server to lag. Anyways, sorry for the trouble :P. And thanks anyways ^_^

EDIT: Wow, never mind. I added just a few character wads, and it lagged. I even went to a server, then hosted my own with the exact same wads, and it would lag. I'm not making much sense, am I?

EDIT2: YES! I finally stopped the lag! I just needed to forward ports, heh. Anyways thank you all for helping me try and figure it out! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back