my oc "Dox the fox" (WIP)

Dox the fox

working on my own character currently...
i'm watching this tutorial video on how to make ur own custom character for srb2 (this one
) and it seems to be a good tutorial due to how much the comments like it and helped them alot on making characters, but i can't figure how to open the character folder after making it. one of my guesses is that he's using a older version of the program and things have changed. any help would be nice (also i'm using the newest version of slade if ur asking what version i'm on)

Attachments

• SLADE 3_5_2023 8_14_26 PM.png
    SLADE 3_5_2023 8_14_26 PM.png
    108.9 KB · Views: 83
i'm watching this tutorial video on how to make ur own custom character for srb2 (this one
) and it seems to be a good tutorial due to how much the comments like it and helped them alot on making characters, but i can't figure how to open the character folder after making it. one of my guesses is that he's using a older version of the program and things have changed. any help would be nice (also i'm using the newest version of slade if ur asking what version i'm on)
The latest version of SLADE is currently "3.2.1", so it might be impossible to do this in a new version. I suggest using that template.wad to continue the tutorial, Then if you're finished. Just click on "Save as" on that blue button, and boom! You're done.

well i think i finished the main steps of the video, but when i try to load it in the game it doesn't show in the select screen. i think it's because when i save as there wasn't an option to do a pk3 file

Attachments

• Dox the fox.wad
    683.3 KB · Views: 53
well i think i finished the main steps of the video, but when i try to load it in the game it doesn't show in the select screen. i think it's because when i save as there wasn't an option to do a pk3 file
I will check to see if it's wrong.
Post automatically merged:

Now I get it, here it is.

Character
SkinName = Dox The Fox
DisplayName = Dox#The absolute
PlayerText = Dox is ready for action and adventure! he has a double jump and can swim with the slight downside of being slower then some characters

^4Ability:^0 Double jump and swimming
by pressing the jump button twice u can do a double jump giving u extra height, and jump repetidly to swim to make water sections way easier

^4Tip:^0
despite being slower sounds harder and less fun, the upside he has two abbilities that can make it less challenging for some sections
#

Last edited:
yo it works! thnk u so much! :3

tho something went wrong with the gif lol

Attachments

• srb20002.png
    srb20002.png
    3 MB · Views: 75
one more thing to ask. how do i port this drawing i made to the select screen sprite?

Attachments

• 903c4714-9fb6-4a39-8621-cb62d8e77a63.png
    903c4714-9fb6-4a39-8621-cb62d8e77a63.png
    190.1 KB · Views: 62
so change the file type to wad?

i'm sry i don't wanna drag this out

ok it works!...eh kinda

i think i need to make the size more smaller

Attachments

• SRB2 v2.2.10 2023-03-09 14-11-08.mp4
    15.4 MB
Use a srb2 image as base like opening the Srb2 Players file,Then press import and chosse your image and BOOOOOOOOOOOOM:welcometoreleases:

Hoppefuly that this help's you:mrgreen:

If you dont know how to do it just quote my mensage

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back