My friend is having some problems making a server....

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoolK

Heres my problem,
My friend tries to host servers all the time, but whenver he does its not listed on "Join Game"

Just so we're all clear, ITS ON "LISTSERV" WHENEVER I CHECK THERE, but when I try to join it's not there....

Any suggestions?

..oh and the server is said that it has been registered so....

Try using the MSlauncher. It will show you servers you can't see when joining servers from Srb2's Join server option. It can be found Here

You guys don't get me,
My friend wants OTHER people to join, and they can't see his server whenever he hosts for some reason..

SRB2 only lists servers that are of the same version number and can be joined, the MSLauncher only lists the latter.

sonic260 said:
Does he have his server set as an Internet server?

Thanks for the advice, but he's not an idiot ^_^

yes , he has his server set as an internet one.

Well...a trick that has worked for me is to host twice. I host, LISTERV, then re-host, then LISTERV again to check to see if my server is registered. That trick has always worked for me.

sonic260 said:
Well...a trick that has worked for me is to host twice. I host, LISTERV, then re-host, then LISTERV again to check to see if my server is registered. That trick has always worked for me.
First, make sure your both using the same exe, second make sure your firewall allows you to host (Computer / Router).

If it shows on listserv, than at least one of the required porst are open. The ports that need to be opened are... was it.... 5029? And... something with a 2 and 8? Anyway, one of these is open. Or... something like that.

Well, if you ever see my friend online, his name is WindGain,

soo...yeah I tried the MS lAUNCHER, it didn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back