• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

My first WAD is done!!!!!

So? Is the wad good? Rate it from 1 to 5.

• 1 - *pukes*

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - Eww. Not really good at all.

• 3 - OK. Good for a first time, I guess.

• 4 - Very good job. One that could be in SRB2 itself.

• 5 - IT'S T3H BEST WAD EVAH!!!1!!1!!1!!11111!OMGWTFLOLBBQ

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first wad, Green Hill Arena, is done! It supports Match, Tag, Chaos, and CTF. It will be up on the official SRB2 wads page soon, but in the meantime, you can get it here. Screenshots coming soon. Maybe. :mrgreen: And, gimme your feedback with this poll.

Edit: here are the changes:

Changes from beta to 1.0 (private releases):
Added in rings and better sectors
Added "lobby type area"

Changes from 1.0 (private release) to 1.1:
Accidentally messed up CTF support
Bugs started appearing
Deep lobbies changed to high FOF lobbies

Changes from 1.1 to 1.2:
CTF Team Bases now work right again (they didnt work in v1.1, but they did in 1.0)
Map header fixed.
Shadow now exists under the FOFs.

Changes from 1.2 to 1.25:
The "textures in the sky" thing fixed
The firelines are gone (firelines = the lines of texture quickly appearing when changing sectors thing)
And finally, that ring in the thok barrier is gone.

Changes from 1.25 to 1.3:
Changed some object placement
Added in a missing spring
Map header changed to remove "zone"

Huh?
I didn't even log out...
I like it. The map header is screwed up, and there are no shadows, but a very good map.

If you want to fix the shadows, just make it so that the controll sector of the 3d block has a lesser light level.

It's an okay map, but there's a bunch of main textures floating around in the sky and there is a ring in the thok barrier @_@

First wad, huh?
Not bad I say, not bad at all for a beginner waddist. You've certainly captured the aspects of 3d floors quite well while it took me more than a year to figure them out XD;.

The CTF has pretty average-good symmetry. Match itself would be pretty interesting to play in.

3/5.

It does, actually. Don't mean to denigrate this fine wad, but the complexity level involved in it is nothing compared to SRB2's. Progress actually is happening on a similar scale, at the moment.

Uhm... putting screens inside of a zip file is kinda a bad idea.. why not just post them somewhere?

idk if its just me, but u didnt put the real green hill bg. u can still find them, just look through the G section and itll b named ghzsomething but its there alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 14, Members: 6, Guests: 8)

Back