My first three levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ongakujin

Hi guys, you probably forgot me by now.
I just finished my third level, (yay me) and the three that I made go together in order, so I figured I'd release them all together.

Station Square (MAP01)
http://srpgp.supersanctuary.com/ffh/download.php?file=959906a5aa6267cb3f7c79b1ec9fa777

Egg Scraper (MAP02)
http://srpgp.supersanctuary.com/ffh/download.php?file=de9923b33f0d30eab280c99f63023f93

The Eggmobile (MAP03)
http://srpgp.supersanctuary.com/ffh/download.php?file=7ef931f0a08fd5b050ebe634902242dc

I know they're really bad, but they're my first three levels, so yeah.

There actually is a story, and I plan on making a pack out of these, but that will take a while. As of yet, you just need to know that this takes place immediately after Sonic Adventure when Sonic Chases after Eggman.

Any comments, good or bad, are highly appreciated.

EDIT: Okay, I got screenshots. Sorry they took a while. I kept having to do stuff like every two minutes, and then I had to go somewhere, but anyway...

Station Square:

The Egg Scraper:

Boss; The Eggmobile:

Rather nice. Especially for a first level. Most first-time level makers forget to put in a thok barrier. Here are my concerns to better improve your future levels:

1. Narrow hallways aren't very fun. We need room to run around.
2. Large amounts of enemies are rather annoying, though at least you didn't use many of those annoying Crawla Commanders.

Wow... that's about it.
I especially liked the boss battle.

Woah, great job :D If only you could walk on the walls of the buildings....

These are very excellent for first maps. The first map was very well coordinated and the second map was particularly fun. The tips Draykon added are probably my biggest gripes about it, but otherwise, very nice job.

JJames19119 said:
The first map was very well coordinated...

Uhh... If you say so. I thought it was entirely too easy to cheat, especially if you're anyone but Sonic.

Thanks anyway. I really appreciate any comments at all, but it's really nice to hear you seemed to enjoy them.

It's well coordinated in that the springs are set in places where it's a lot easier on the player.Makes it a lot less frustrating and that's what beginner map makers usually do.

Draykon said:
Rather nice. Especially for a first level. Most first-time level makers forget to put in a thok barrier. Here are my concerns to better improve your future levels:

1. Narrow hallways aren't very fun. We need room to run around.
2. Large amounts of enemies are rather annoying, though at least you didn't use many of those annoying Crawla Commanders.

Wow... that's about it.
I especially liked the boss battle.

I shall agree with him. I liked these levels a lot. But the narrow hallways in Eggscraper got me lost....completely. I also ran into about 10 red crawlas and 10 jetty sin (I spelled that wrong) bombers in one area. Though...It was easy to secape them :mrgreen: .

tell me, why aren't they all in the same file? Wads can contain sprites, images, music, SOCs, and pretty much anything else you need it to so long as the program that uses it can recognize the file. this includes MULTIPLE maps. You have made a 3-act zone, and as such it should be compiled in to *gasp* 3 acts. Expect to see the completed 3-act in one wad later today(that is, after I'm finished playing it).

EDIT: which would be right now. I compiled the levels, put all the map headers into one mainCFG, updated the map headers to include levelselect = 1, I zennoded it, and finally I converted the second music to OGG format to reduce filesize(for some reason it got all sped up when I converted the first level's music, so that is still an MP3).

Download

GCFreak said:
Open XWE.

File -> Merge

Anyways, Prime 2.0. The Station Square music is not in that WAD.

musicjq1.png

Riiiiiight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back