My arrogant topic of things you should know about me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Plushima

Princess of Dreams
Judge
Vanity rox.

Anyways, the purpose of this topic is so I can ignore n00bish PMs and posts, rather than feeling I need to explain things. So if you're a n00b, here's one more topic you need to read.

1. No, I don't want a netgame.

2. If you want to alter one of my SOCs for your own crappy mod, ask me, and explain the mod, and what you want to change. I'll consider it, with advantages. However, don't ask me first, and you won't have my permission, ever.

3. I don't take requests under most circumstances. There are exceptions, such as intelligent critisism, but for the most part, don't even try.

4. No, I don't want to join the dev team for your crappy mod. I work alone.

5. While I'm a fairly decent SOCcer, I know only the theory of level design, and character WADding. (Excluding some SOC-based tricks I refuse to share.) I cannot offer any more help in those than the Wiki.

6. Most importantly, I do not support a large chunk of my creations, and will not reupload most of them. However, if you subtly, and politely, ask for a reupload via PM or IRC query, and DO NOT BUMP THE TOPIC, I will consider a reupload, depending on the WAD.

7. I reserve the right to pick favorites.

So there's my little vanity topic, full of my own personal rules. You don't have to obey them when interacting with me, but I don't have to act nice if you don't. :3

Awesome topic, although a bit too "draykon" centered, honestly.

... So, you are a girl?

I'm whatever you want me to be babeh.

Back on topic, I kinda intended it to be Draykon centered, but I suppose some of it applies to others.

Draykon you fool! Now all your wannabies will make a topic like this! (Joke)
... now if you don't mind. *runs over and makes a topic like this*

How many PMs do you get about those things, anyway? The last thing the community needs is PM abuse from lurking noobs to keep annoying members.

WE NEED MORE PM RESTRICTIONS. (seriously)
Maybe PM approval? You can't PM unless you're approved..? I don't know, but a system has to be put into place for private messages. Admit it.

hay snn want 2 join our dev team we are makig sonic and the secret adventure emerald srb2 is really cool and we r lookig to make a game like it but if u cant help that is ok just let me know

Segmint said:
Maybe PM approval? You can't PM unless you're approved..? I don't know, but a system has to be put into place for private messages. Admit it.

No. We need to limit the amount of noobs that come here, not what new joiners can do on the forum.

Blue Warrior said:
Segmint said:

No. We need to limit the amount of noobs that come here, not what new joiners can do on the forum.

Yes, but that's a task out of our grasp. Many communities have tried, but it's harder than you think. Don't you think if we could actually do that, we would've done it already?

We need to take one step at a time, and do something about the PMing.

Segmint said:
Blue Warrior said:
Segmint said:

Yes, but that's a task out of our grasp.
I highly doubt that.
Many communities have tried, but it's harder than you think. Don't you think if we could actually do that, we would've done it already?
No, it's not harder than I think, I know it's hard. But limiting forum privileges isn't going to stop noobs coming in. The problem lies within netgames. That's the sole reason that most people come onto the forums, and limiting privileges for all users (new users, for that matter) on the forums is not going to do much to stop it. Tackle the problem by its source, not by constantly building firewalls after firewalls that don't solve the big picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back