music wad help

Status
Not open for further replies.

friendmaker

i need some help with music for an up coming mod and i have no idea how to reduce the amount of memory it reqiures for download so can anyone help.

Torgo, that has nothing to do with reducing filesize, except for one sentence:
It helps to convert your MP3 to an OGG so your WAD's filesize will be smaller.

Unfortunantly, I'm no expert on music, so I have no idea how.

Torgo said:
Oh, right. Well audacity is a pretty good free music editor I guess. You can use audacity to convert the music to OGG format. You can adjust the quality in the options of the program.

Here is a link to the program. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

ok i know that much (i think) but i used WXE for a sepret wad and it goes up to 50,000 kb even in ogg format (i used something else to convert to ogg) also when i clicked the music it said ogg format so uh yeah help there.

i already put the regular wad in a zip folder and the music is also in it's own folder (thats when its 50,000 kb)

so i might cut the music wad into acts for the original wad (for example sonicandfriends music act 1) but thats just in case i don't get it later or i get fustrated

Memory = RAM
Disk space = amount of space a file takes up.

Anyway, try using something like Audacity to convert it to OGG, it'll most likely reduce the filesize more than what you used.

ok i'll try the ogg converter there thanks guys this helped a lot. i might need future help but untill then this is all i need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back