Music into wad help

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkYoshi

Taking over the world/Bacon
I got a MP3 file that I want to put in my wad, problem is I put it as MAP60M in the wad itself but when I test it out, nothing plays.... Am I doing this right?

I got the lump name right... I just had the MP3, now I have to search for a converter then it will be all set. :D Anyway thanks!

Edit: Music lump cannot be found even though I put the OGG in there as MAP60M... so.. how do I fix this please?

fawfulfan said:
MP3 doesn't work in SRB2. You'll need to convert it into OGG Vorbis.
sir i do believe you are lying
These are WAD files created for the sole purpose of containing music for SRB2 to play in-game. Music WADs are often included in mods; music.dta (comes with SRB2) is an example. It can contain OGGs, MP3s, WAVs, S3Ms, MIDIs, MODs, XMs, and ITs. Music is either used for levels, credits, jingles, or the opening sequence and title screen.
http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Sound_and_Music_Tutorial

Anyways, I think you don't have your music formatted correctly. Look at the link above.
EDIT: I see the problem. You named your music MAP60M, it needs to be O_MAP60M.

Oops! Sorry, I use OGG for SRB2 so much that I forgot that it's not the only supported format. <:)

fawfulfan said:
MP3 doesn't work in SRB2. You'll need to convert it into OGG Vorbis.

MP3s work in SRB2. It's just that they bloat the wad file due to their large size, so most people convert them to OGGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back