Music.DTA help

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarBlazer

For the lulz
I want to replace some music of my own in the music.dta, but whenever I replace it, it doesn't work and says it's and unknown media file. Yes, I have looked in SRB2 Wiki for help but it doesn't say how to replace music in the music.dta. If it's possible can someone help me please.

It said in SRB2 Wiki to use "O"_MAPxxM files with OGG/MP3/MOD files and "D"_MAPxxM with MIDI's. That's what I did but it still won't work.

Is there a perimeter I could use to run the game with only Midi's and SFX. I don't feel like using the launcher all the time to run SRB2.

Sykotic said:
To replace Music Ingame: Make lumps of your Music in a WAD. Load up the wad each time you play. Done.

I don't feel like making a wad with my music. I want to replace the music in music.dta so I can run it with ease and quickness.

M.V.P said:
I don't feel like making a wad with my music. I want to replace the music in music.dta so I can run it with ease and quickness.
Instead of replacing your music.dta, you could use a BATCH file to load a music wad file automatically, so you don't risk your Music Data.

Code:
srb2win -file <name>.wad

Then do what you wanted to do in the first place, Copy and save the real music.dta in an other folder, or rename it, then change any music you wanted to and it shouldn't modify the game...

Actually, when you load up music wads (with no Main thing) it dosent count as wads loaded, I join netgames all the time with music wads I made (none that im going to Release :P)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back