Multiplayer Movement

Jorklenis2

Life gives you surprise ... surprise gives you lif
When will be the day that the lag in multiplayer gameplay will be corrected. It doesn't feel very fluid to play and today's multiplayer games are more fluid to move around.

It is very horrible to play like this, you don't feel like it because there are very far and bad servers with very high latency and how it is possible that for me to move to the left it takes 5 seconds to respond. :dramahog:

Something like this would require an overhaul to the netcode, the most that could happen is you asking project slippi for something better, which I doubt would happen as sonic isnt even in melee

When will be the day that the lag in multiplayer gameplay will be corrected. It doesn't feel very fluid to play and today's multiplayer games are more fluid to move around.

It is very horrible to play like this, you don't feel like it because there are very far and bad servers with very high latency and how it is possible that for me to move to the left it takes 5 seconds to respond. :dramahog:
you realize this is dependent on you and everyone else’s internet speed, right? I’ve had flawless online experiences before

you realize this is dependent on you and everyone else’s internet speed, right? I’ve had flawless online experiences before
Yes, but there are other games that are not like that, you can move freely but playing multiplayer is boring, you have to be something early to jump to a wall on the other side or something like that.

well, this problem has been around for years.

Yes, but there are other games that are not like that, you can move freely but playing multiplayer is boring, you have to be something early to jump to a wall on the other side or something like that.

well, this problem has been around for years.
Most games suffer from this problem because it requires other player inputs. Big multiplayer games like Smash, Fortnite, Minecraft, and Roblox all suffer from lag

Most games suffer from this problem because it requires other player inputs. Big multiplayer games like Smash, Fortnite, Minecraft, and Roblox all suffer from lag
In Fortnite what is spoken fluently is when you walk and run but not in structures, I mean movement, running, jumping, etc.

If there was a delay at the time of shooting but it is very ugly that you use the Rail element and have the player in front and because of the delay the shot does not go out on time.

Anyway, it is a problem that will still be followed because since SRB2 came out for the multiplayer version it has always suffered from this problem, the only thing that saves from playing comfortably is that you are the host yourself.

In Fortnite what is spoken fluently is when you walk and run but not in structures, I mean movement, running, jumping, etc.

If there was a delay at the time of shooting but it is very ugly that you use the Rail element and have the player in front and because of the delay the shot does not go out on time.

Anyway, it is a problem that will still be followed because since SRB2 came out for the multiplayer version it has always suffered from this problem, the only thing that saves from playing comfortably is that you are the host yourself.
I think there is a miscommunication happening between us. When I say player inputs, I mean their movement. If any sort of connection is needed and a player has slow internet, their inputs (movement) will be added to the server slowly. This causes other players to lag because their game needs the laggy player’s movement to continue. Being the host does not fix this problem because the host also needs those inputs

I think there is a miscommunication happening between us. When I say player inputs, I mean their movement. If any sort of connection is needed and a player has slow internet, their inputs (movement) will be added to the server slowly. This causes other players to lag because their game needs the laggy player’s movement to continue. Being the host does not fix this problem because the host also needs those inputs
I think you mean when a player is entering a server and all the players freeze right?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back