mt_nightbattle.wad-A match map with TOO MUCH rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'M A LIGHT DASHER!*Shot*
Seriously...Why do you put Super Sonic Music into this wad?
Ummmmm...Alot of rings + Lightdash on will make you a LIGHT DASHER!*Shot again for "Light Dasher" being on Caps*
That pool is almost useless...
Awful
2/10
How to fix errors showed:
Change the music.
Low down the rings.
Option deleted by user.
To replace that option...More pools but don't exagerate like how you did with the rings.

More demands. Excuse me superusuario, but do you mean "take that pool out"? "Get out that pool" practically means to get out of a pool. You need to rate it for what it is, and not what you wanted it to be, or expected out of it. It seems you have your definition of a perfect level in mind when you download something, and rate it how close it got to the "perfect" level. That's a horrible way to rate things...

In an effort to bring up the frightening IQ drop of this thread, I will download this and tell you what I think of it, and how I think you can improve. :)

...Alrighty then.

1)Do I have to say it? If you're going to shove asstons of rings in a map, AT LEAST make sure that they are spread evenly through the entire map.
You have hundreds of rings in a single place, but the rest of the map is just a barren field! There is NOTHING there. Create less rings, create more item boxes.

2)The ring weapon placement is fine, but I still don't understand why you made so much space with nothing in it. It's a giant box. At least make a few pillars to hide behind, albeit it would still prove to be a suckish map to play in. Well, at least you have grass sector borders. Bravo. Try a bit harder, box-boy.

In short, create more stuff in the level, and obviously, remove the rings(or spread them throughout the ENTIRE map.

I doubt you will give a flying crap about any of this advice, and will continue to make bad match maps, but for the slight chance that you happen to read this, I wish that you would take this advice and not do this type of thing again. D:

Don't worry Kuja:i give a flying crap about what you have said :)
Well then,looks like i have editing to do.

EDIT:Here,i updated the map.

I agree with Kuja, if you're going to have so many rings, a least spread them out a bit. If you have the rings all cramped in one area, where do you think the players will be at through he whole match? Put the rings where you WANT somebody to be, and I just bet they'll be there. Thats just how sonic games work =P

Rings are too close together, and you left that one slime fall texture where it clearly doesn't belong. Just remove those places with the slime fall, and spread the rings out and it'll be much better. 6/10
Good level design in my opinion.

Right, here's my feedback now.

-Good Points

For a first map, it's not too bad, but in my tastes, it's a bit short to have a match in. It might be good for Tag games however.

You seem to know the basics of level editing which is good, and a lot of rings to use in match which is one of the main things to have in a match map.

-Bad Points

-Rings are too close together. Space them all out a bit.

-Wrong use of texture on 2 sectors. Acid & Grass don't go together. Use GFZ textures on them, and add grass edges to make it look better when giving them an low unpegged tag on each side.

-Level is too bright to be a night stage. Try and make it darker to make it stand more better.

-A bit short, make it more bigger, and it can make a good average match/tag map.

-Add more scenery in your level. It's way to bland in most of the stage itself.

-The Super Sonic music doesn't suit the level. Please change it.

Rating: 4.5/10 not a bad start, but there is a bit of improvement needed to make it stand out better. Hope it helped.

Hyperknux said:
Right, here's my feedback now.

-Good Points

For a first map, it's not too bad, but in my tastes, it's a bit short to have a match in. It might be good for Tag games however.

You seem to know the basics of level editing which is good, and a lot of rings to use in match which is one of the main things to have in a match map.

-Bad Points

-Rings are too close together. Space them all out a bit.

-Wrong use of texture on 2 sectors. Acid & Grass don't go together. Use GFZ textures on them, and add grass edges to make it look better when giving them an low unpegged tag on each side.

-Level is too bright to be a night stage. Try and make it darker to make it stand more better.

-A bit short, make it more bigger, and it can make a good average match/tag map.

-Add more scenery in your level. It's way to bland in most of the stage itself.

-The Super Sonic music doesn't suit the level. Please change it.

Rating: 4.5/10 not a bad start, but there is a bit of improvement needed to make it stand out better. Hope it helped.

1-Enough with rings.

2-Done.

3-How?

4-Forget it,trying to make the level bigger will result in a non-functionnal thok barrier.

5-Lol?

6-Why does everyone wants boring music instead the awesome SS tune?

1. It its true though, you need to spread them out so that one person doesn't hog the rings in one spot, and so everyone has equal opportunity to get them.

3. The easy way to do it is to select all sectors in sector mode that are not outside the level. Then set the brightness level to whatever you want. Then select all the control sectors that are solid fofs and set the brightess to be lower then the main level. I wouldn't go lower then 144.

4. Just extend the thok barrier. You will be fine as long as your level is within a 32000 x 32000 square.

6. Boring music? We want music that actually fits the theme of the level. Super sonic theme does not work in every situation. Go through the tunes and try to find one that fits the level the best.

Meh,i like the SS music and no one will make me change my mind!
Anyway,thanks Torgo!

The thok barrier is screwed up,what should i do?

SamTehGamerz said:
Meh,i like the SS music and no one will make me change my mind!
The thok barrier is screwed up,what should i do?

Fine, but don't say we didn't give you any constructive critisism on it because we have done.

About the thok barrier, how have you screwed it up? you need to tell some of us part of the problem, or we won't understand it properly.

Do you mean that you are passing partly through the wall, or something? It looks like you made it correctly in Doombuilder.

Well,i get the Hall of Mirrors effect when passing through certain walls and walls appear in the middle of the map and things like that.
I can upload the map if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back