• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Mr Triangle 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been making an SRB2 mod called "Mr Triangle 3D" (I'll tell you why it's called that in a minute.) Since December 2011, That is going to have my "Totally-Original" character "Mr Triangle" in it. It will have 7 zone's in it (Excluding a one-act Zone that is after The 2nd Zone.).

Story of the mod:In 2010, i had been making Mr Triangle game's in Game Maker, and in June, I had wanted to make a 3D game, called Mr Triangle 3D, after an engine test that crashed a lot of the time and just didn't work, I ended the project. But in December 2011, i was thinking about this scrapped title, and then Decided i would revive it, In the SRB2 engine.
I made around 6 unfinished levels, and a ton of match levels. But after a few month's, my computer (It had a ton of file's, probably a few viruses, and just got really slow) lost its will to live, and died. However, i saved a select few levels before the crash, which will be kept in the final version. In February 2012 I started to work on the mod again, and made a beta version of the last zone, and a 2nd version of the 2nd zone's 2nd act, but then I lost interest, it is now February 2013, and i am going to start working on it again.

List of Zones:
Green Coves Zone = A Greenflower Esque level.
Mechaflower Zone = Sort of like Techno Hill zone.
Sunset Countdown = 1 act. You have to get away before a factory explodes.
Submerged Ruins Zone = Uses Deep Sea Zone's textures, but is more like the alpha version of deep sea produced in 1999.
Forest Zone = Self Explanatory, really.
Dark City Zone = (Name from SRB2 unfinished zone) Also Self Explanatory.
Rocket Zone = Uh, i think i lost my creativity at forest zone..
Satellite Zone = ...really.

Here are some screenshot's, they are of the beta satellite zone, and mechaflower act 1.

Also, somewhat on topic:If anyone has a .wad file called "greencoves1v3" or something like that, (I released a beta of green coves that i lost later on the IRC channel and on my server.) that has a layout that looks like this from a top down view, (Blue is water, green is grass, green with an outline are platforms.)
Please tell me, i have been looking for that beta version since i lost it in February 2012.

Last edited:
This has been sitting in Editing with no replies for three months and I can't figure out why.
Questions I have:
Is this finished or is this a beta?
Where is the download link?
That is all.

It is really unfinished. I have pretty much stopped working on this, though I do plan to start remaking the first zone in a few months, and release a demo. Something I might be able to do soon is release a match demo. (In December 2011, I made a ton of match levels for the mod, like "Green Coves Match Zone" and "Space Station Zone". They were on my old PC, which broke for an unknown reason, however I will eventually put the Hard drive into an enclosure, and get those levels off the disk.)

Interesting. Be sure to update this when you start making progress.

Well, if you're going to continue working on this, you should REALLY work on those level themes. They lack creativity.

And I'm not talking about the names, I mean the themes are either generic or copied from vanilla SRB2. Level packs are usually made to add stuff to the game, not repeat content.

Like, for example, Mechaflower Zone could have lava, Forest Zone could have some wooden factory in it or whatever, and Rocket Zone could take place atop a mountain. Anything to make them more creative.

Well, if you're going to continue working on this, you should REALLY work on those level themes. They lack creativity.

And I'm not talking about the names, I mean the themes are either generic or copied from vanilla SRB2. Level packs are usually made to add stuff to the game, not repeat content.

Like, for example, Mechaflower Zone could have lava, Forest Zone could have some wooden factory in it or whatever, and Rocket Zone could take place atop a mountain. Anything to make them more creative.
Thank you, those are good ideas, can i use them?
Also, rocket zone doesn't take place on the ground, it takes place inside the rocket taking the player to satellite zone. (The rocket is at the end of Dark city zone.)

I started on the first level, which is now called Green Valley Zone.
srb20000.png

srb20001.png

In the second screenshot, theres a broken flat that i am about to fix, so ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back