Motion blur in 2.2

Giberish4

Rip 2.1 Match/CTF
Recently, I got SRB2CB and started playing it, and I found out about a command called motionblur. It does what it says, when you run with speed shoes or bounce off a red spring. And I have been wondering if there was anyway to recreate this in 2.2 . So, is there?

Honestly I'm trying myself where to find it. I've looked everywhere on the Internet to find it and I can't find it anywhere!! But there is one proof that you can use motion blur on srb2 2.2. This,

Honestly I'm trying myself where to find it. I've looked everywhere on the Internet to find it and I can't find it anywhere!! But there is one proof that you can use motion blur on srb2 2.2. This,
That YouTuber is using RTX to play SRB2, that's why he has motion blur. Im assuming SRB2 has RTX support that's why there's a command called motion blur. You cant use motion blur unless your using RTX.

Edit: Either that or it's just a shitty video effect.

Oh.. 😢 Well I guess I'll ever experience modern sonic with cinematic motion blur that isn't a offical mainline game😔

1646537782626.png

Meming aside, I'm not sure if there have been modern attempts at the CB motion blur effect since 2.1 came out back in 2014 (a.k.a. The Dark Age)? I vaguely recall pseudo-attempts at it from so long ago, but that's about it. With the source code of SRB2 being even more open than it was and the SRB2CB source code still up in a ancient GitHub page, it shouldn't be too hard to make a re-implementation of that effect if someone had the knowhow.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back