MotherDeton.wad [ANOTHER enemy, geez...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morph

All these new enemies that have been made during the last week made me wanna play around with socs once again.

The idea I had was a little simple and I don't know if this has been done before, but I think it is worth to try it. So what is it?

It's (surprise) a new enemy. I call it the Mother Deton. Basically it is just an invincible object rotating around you and throwing Baby Detons at you.
The Mother Deton itself (object 359 , MAPTHINGNUM 121) is waiting in a corner of a level and will start rotating around you immediately, if it is able to see the character. From time to time it spawns Baby Detons (object 360 , MAPTHINGNUM 111) that look around and chase after you in classic deton style. These little ones are only 75% as fast as the normal Detons and only half as big.

The enemy is a REAL BADA**!
It forces you to keep moving, and even if you do so you can not prevent yourself from sometimes running right into a baby that has spawned directly in front of you.
Right now I am thinking about how I could improve this one. Maybe it is a good idea to make it a sleeping guy that only wakes up when the character gets too close... (just an idea)

I need suggestions. ^^

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
[P.S.: The MoDeTest.wad includes just the basic srb2 levels, but with the new enemy placed inside. You have to add both wads to check it out!]

Sounds sorta cheap, I mean, there should never be an enemy that simply always hits, there needs to be a way to destroy this thing.

(Also, just an FYI, you can't change the speed an object uses the deton thinker. They always go slightly slower than the player's top speed, meaning they're slower for Tails than for Sonic, and you can't adjust the speed.)

Draykon said:
Sounds sorta cheap, I mean, there should never be an enemy that simply always hits, there needs to be a way to destroy this thing.

I'm siding with Draykon again.

Draykon said:
(Also, just an FYI, you can't change the speed an object uses the deton thinker. They always go slightly slower than the player's top speed, meaning they're slower for Tails than for Sonic, and you can't adjust the speed.)

Btw, if you change how long their states are, you can slow them down. Ex: the shorter the crawla states are, the faster they move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back