Most insane weapon in a video game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonnarkku

Obamasnow Fan-- With a Hat
Hello people, this topic is about the most insane weapon you´ve seen in a video game, anything is valid, cannons, shotguns, tanks, bombs, etc.

My opinion is the Reedemer from Unreal Tournament.

It is a giant missile launcher wich delivers a massive wave of destruction, single shot only.

gfs_26879_2_2.jpg

My favorties would be

The rocket launcher in resident evil 4
The Plasma Sword in Halo 2
Nemesis's Bazooka in Resident Evil 3
The Eclipse Cannon In Sonic Adventure 2
The Doomerang In Ty The Tasmantian Tiger
The Nuke Launcher in Fallout 3
That weapon in Jak 3 that launches nukes and homing shooters
That electricity gun in Resident Evil 4
The sub machine gun x2 in Time Splitters 2
The Stinger in Metal Ger Solid
That Vulcan Raven had in Metal Gear Solid

THE BEST WEAPON = METAL GEAR REX, RAY, EVERY OTHER METAL GEAR.

The most insane would be the Eclipse Cannon, no contest.
Metal Gear Rex on the other hand...

• Faced off with Snake and was blown up.
  • Remained functional but crippled after said blast.
  • After the crippling explosion, defeated another Metal Gear designed specifically to DESTROY IT AT FULL CAPACITY.

The uzi from Toss the Turtle. Paired with a good canon, you can just fire off single shots to keep him in the air for absurdly long with almost no decrease in speed.

I haven't even made it past the second stage of Subterranean Animism, but I'm pretty sure the last boss of that game must apply for the most insane weapon. (the boss herself being the weapon) I forget her name- I think it was Utosho- but I've only seen the fight twice and the first time it went over my head.

In the player's hands, probably the Master Spark. A blinding light emanates through the screen, your speed is dramatically lowered, and it really does feel like you're pulling a screen-filling laser with you. Samus has something like it in Super Smash Bros Brawl, but she's stationary.

My first nomination? The RYNO V from the latest Ratchet & Clank game. Dual chainguns and a rapidfire rocket launcher obliterating everything downrange, all while playing the finale of the 1812 Overture.

Second nomination - Drunken Master, a custom weapon made for GMOD. Multiple drunken rockets all over the freaking place. Plus it comes with the Inebriator. Turns anything into a drunken rocket. Including yourself.

Final nomination... The Harbinger, another Ratchet & Clank weapon. Fires out missles that paint targets on the ground. Area is then bathed in fire from orbital laser cannons. Fun for the whole family.

My opinion is the Reedemer from Unreal Tournament.
I freaking love the Redeemer. I have an interesting experience with it, in fact. A year ago, I was at InternalDrive Tech Camp, and they were teaching us how to mod for UT3. I created a level called Death Dojo, which had one of every kind of weapon. Everyone hated me for including a Redeemer, because Death Dojo was a mess of small rooms and it was virtually impossible for the person who fired it to escape in time to avoid getting vaporized himself. That was actually my intention...you have to decide if a mega-kill is worth dying for.

I like a lot of weapons from Unreal Tournament. The link gun is cool...I like zapping a foe and watching him fall to the floor as a blood-soaked skeleton. And I always laugh whenever I'm playing UT3 on a LAN, sneak up on somebody with an Impact Hammer, and explode him into bloody little pieces while somebody on a computer five rows down screams, "What the hell!?"

For the UT GOTY have a pack of chaos weapons, VERY powerful, the more damnedest weapon is one called "Ultima Protos", I have this pack, I'll post a screenshot of the Ultima Protos HMU(Hyper Mega Ultra) power, later.

EDIT: Here is a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo1HoD5u3es

The Weapon Pack is called Nali Weapons, and this is the official trailer of the pack.

Last edited:
The Multi Bottle Rocket. No, think about it.

You've got all these cool FPS weapons that melt people's skin off, blow them the hell up, unleash waves of nuclear death, magical Touhou crap that does the same...

This thing one/two shots RPG bosses. (hell, practically everyone but Giygas) Aforementioned death waves usually do significant damage at best. It probably creates an unbelievably cool explosion too, unfortunately the world may never know.

I think all the weapons that turn the enemy into an animal from the ratchet and clank series qualify for this.

Zharkov Goes To the Store.

Demonsphere + Raynor = UberRaynor.

Altclick.

...And THE SKY RAINS FUCKING MISSILES.

Screenshot_Doom_20100711_193745.png

Or the Hawaiian Punch, the Demonsphere upgrage to your fists (Fruit Punch), which allow you to basically go Duke Nukem on their asses and use both feet to kick at the same time and fly around, or the altfire THROWS YOUR OWN FISTS AT THE ENEMY AND REGROWS THEM WHILE FIRING EVEN MORE ALL FOR EXPLOSIVE DAMAGE.

(No pic because trying to take a good looking pic of this thing is annoying)

Or the Uber Chimneysweep, which fires a missile, which then extends out MORE missiles horizontally and vertically from it, CAUSING A FLYING FLEET OF MISSILES.

Screenshot_Doom_20100711_194302.png

(Note: I used Freeze to go around it and show it off better)

And there's even more crazy crap. I bet some ZDoom/Skulltag/GZDoom mods have even crazier things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back