Most Epic Final Fantasy game. Can you name it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark dragon

Elemental Dragon
I'd say Final Fantasy VII(7) is the most epic Final Fantasy game of all times. Sure VIII(8) and IX(9) were good but VII(7) can destory them both.

If you think you can name a better Final Fantasy game then please prove me wrong and I've played most of the Final Fantay games so I should know what you're talking about

I don't remember if i played VI(6) or not but I'm shocked to see how many supporters of FFVII (7)

looks like a waste of a topic

don't I feel stupid for starting this topic

FF6, The world nearly gets destroyed, half of the population gets killed, because your main plan backfired, How is this not epic? Oh and it is the only FF game (Not counting 13) that has had a female lead...I think.

super said:
FF6, The world nearly gets destroyed, half of the population gets killed, because your main plan backfired, How is this not epic? Oh and it is the only FF game (Not counting 13) that has had a female lead...I think.

you forgot FF X-2 (10)
it's girl fighters only

ok game play but i didnt like it too much

I don't like FF. I have two games for it on DS, and hate them both. They are my sister's, but one I stopped playing immediately when I learned I couldn't control with the D-Pad (Stylus control drove me crazy in Sonic chronicles, but that's the only time I put up with it.) The other I played a little longer (It was a remake of an original FF game. Can't remember the name though.) It was very generic. Random battles, standard wizard/warrior/mage/preist class, etc. It had some cool classes like Dragoon, but that was all I liked. I guess the RPG genre just isn't for me.

Jellybones69 said:
I don't like FF. I have two games for it on DS, and hate them both. They are my sister's, but one I stopped playing immediately when I learned I couldn't control with the D-Pad (Stylus control drove me crazy in Sonic chronicles, but that's the only time I put up with it.) The other I played a little longer (It was a remake of an original FF game. Can't remember the name though.) It was very generic. Random battles, standard wizard/warrior/mage/preist class, etc. It had some cool classes like Dragoon, but that was all I liked. I guess the RPG genre just isn't for me.
Sounds like you were playing FF3. I'm sorry but it was supposed to be generic. that's what made that game GOLDEN IMO. and jellybones, you may like the fighting and rpg mix that is Arpgs.

So anyway, I think I prefer FF3 than 9.
Its themes are just mesmerizing.

I personally like Final Fantasy VII, it was one of the best PSOne games ever made, next to Tekken 3 and Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy VII will always be the best Final Fantasy for the PSOne.

Another Final Fantasy game I like, is Final Fantasy XII, the game is pretty nice, the battle system is way better than in FFX, even though it did not surpass FFX on the best PS2 Final Fantasy, it is still a pretty good game.

crazy escape said:
Jellybones69 said:
Sounds like you were playing FF3. I'm sorry but it was supposed to be generic. that's what made that game GOLDEN IMO. and jellybones, you may like the fighting and rpg mix that is Arpgs.

So anyway, I think I prefer FF3 than 9.
Its themes are just mesmerizing.

Yeah, just checked. It was FFIII. The first one I mentioned was FFXII. (revenant wings)
How does it being generic make it golden?

Blue Warrior said:
Perhaps what he means is that it's old-fashioned and simplistic.
Exactly. Home sweet home. It's not that I hate the newer ones(they're freaking awesome. Er..... at least to FF10) but its good to revisit the old days even if you only do it once a week(or every 10 years in some cases).
FF3 is also one of the few mainstream FFs that I would give an S-rank if possible. I care about FF9 too, but it couldn't beat 3's epic music IMO. (that's the ds ver. here's the original.)
FF3 ds also gets extra points for this nostalgic final boss.

All that being said however, Its not for everyone who cant handle or hate-the INNs don't revive dead characters and such-difficulty. Jelly, maybe you need some thing fast paced like Star Ocean till the end of time for ps2 or The World Ends With You for the ds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back