More of a question than a suggestion or help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to have 3D characters in SRB2?

Take a random 2D character made in a WAD making program. When you press a button it will command the picture of the wad to change into something else depending on what the button is pressed and the condition or view of the situation.

But wont it be easier if you try 3D? Sure fans inserting 3D characters wont be easy but the point is, it makes the game look more cool and the button commands will only make parts of the character move while the situations and conditions will happen natually.

So, even though the programming be a tad more difficult, would it be easier to use 3D characters?

Inserting 3D characters in Srb2 takes alot of work, which is called Modeling/making models (3D characters)

making models (3d characters) can be made using a program called milkshape (or at least i heard shuffle was using)

im not really sure how hard it is to model... talk to shuffle for that, he made a 3D link model

and you can switch between 3D models and 2D sprites by going into OpenGL mode and typing: GR_MD2 in the console

Oh how I would be happy to model the Sonic characters for, I would have had some classics done ages ago for you to have!

The problem is I cant make a 3D star to save myself, I have Blender and 3D Canvas but all I can make on them is a ring...

http://i6.tinypic.com/23tr0o5.png

Thats all, I am even happy it's shiney.

But still, I tried Classic Sonic but still I could never finish it, nor know if it's right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back