Mom of dead girl: Sickness was test of faith

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah thats true. the human race, as of this year, has been on the drug of comfort. ESPECIALLY America

Bigboi said:
Morons.

Or maybe mormons.

You know, I don't appreciate that very much. Please keep those thoughts to yourself.

Obviously, they've never seen this scripture:

James 2:17-18 said:
17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

It's Jehovah's Witnesses all over again, not actually helping because of their religion.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is another reason on that long list of why I'm atheist.

I'm Christian, and if I were to have children, if my child were suffering from diabetes, I would take them to a doctor, immediately. Not taking them to a doctor is against Christianity.
These people piss me off. If they let their child die because they expected God to help, they don't have the right to call themselves Christians, simply because they invented their own false images of God.
These people need to be judged by man and God, immediately.
What pisses me off is Cue saying this is one of the reasons he's Atheist. Not all Christians are like this; in fact, there are extremely few. I thought we got over religious stereotypes in the 20th century, people.

Cue said:
It's Jehovah's Witnesses all over again, not actually helping because of their religion.
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is another reason on that long list of why I'm atheist.
I had to laugh when you mentioned jenova.

Anyway, it's not that god won't do anything period, it just that he doesn't have to babysit us every second anymore. We already have a civilisation, we have education, not to mention hospitals, etc. So in other words, we're already adults (in speaking) in the big world. Minus the flawed side to it, we know how to take care of ourselves without daddy's help. So just like moving out of the house to our own, we experience the real world.
But in this event about this girl, let just say we had some grown ups who never grew up.
Shado said:
What pisses me off is Cue saying this is one of the reasons he's Atheist. Not all Christians are like this; in fact, there are extremely few.
True, but still, you see those who are drowned into it deeply that it gets nauseating.

I'm a Christian, but I wouldn't only pray for my child to do better, I would actually get help. That's just rather ridiculous, honestly.

akirahedgehog, I get the feeling that the pun was more important to Bigboi than coinciding with reality. It's not really a massive cause for offense unless you're looking for something to be offended by, IMHO. I doubt he has any greater vendetta against your mother's religious belief than he does any other. Assuming that he himself actually cares outside of using the name of one for a near-enough-for-humour pun.

^In this world, almost anything is offensive.

This is what makes the christian community be frowned upon. Which is really sad.

And if they bothered to learn their religion, they'd know that 'God' gave us 'free will' so that we could 'stand on our own two feet'. Intervening goes against said free will (in a way, it's there and by consequence we have to take responsibility instead of having our hands held).

Warpshade said:
akirahedgehog, I get the feeling that the pun was more important to Bigboi than coinciding with reality. It's not really a massive cause for offense unless you're looking for something to be offended by, IMHO. I doubt he has any greater vendetta against your mother's religious belief than he does any other. Assuming that he himself actually cares outside of using the name of one for a near-enough-for-humour pun.

This. It wasn't really an "all mormons are dumb lolol" kind of thing.

The medicine probably would have brought upon side effects that would have probably killed her anyways.

God works in wonderous ways.

I realy dont get why people do this, I mean sure its nice to beleve in something but why go to this extream> if all of the worlds problems can be healed by praying then im sure we would be in a better state we are in now. Now Im not really a religous person so my opinion might be somewhat biased but after looking at some posts that other users have put Im pretty sure that these parents are not right in the head, lock them up is what I think is the right way of action.

Penopat said:
The medicine probably would have brought upon side effects that would have probably killed her anyways.

Right now I have been sitting in front of my desk for 15 minutes thinking about a way to tell you without insult how much your comment pushes me into the direction of a rabid outrage... I can't.
So here something completely unrelated: Have you ever realized that "god" spelled backwards reads "dog"? Mysterious! Dogs work in wonderous ways, I guess. O__o

On topic: This proves that even today christians are killing in the name of god even though they used wars to accomplish this back than. This might be one of the very few cases praying actually managed to kill someone.

Bitter...

Penopat said:

I lol'd.

PSI Hedgehog Chris said:
...The heck? That's the first time I ever remember seeing religion being taken way too far. Not even my foster mom's that bad.

Really? This kind of stuff appears in the media a lot. There aren't that many cases, but because there are so few, they end up in the news, and people begin to think that every Christian is like this. It's very sad.

We should all be aware that this is not typical of religion in general. Yeah, that just came from the token atheist. What worries me, though, is that the moderate religious in today's society tend to simply ignore cases like this because they make them look bad. I can sympathize with that, but I think they'd be better served by speaking out against this kind of thing. That, and dropping the "god works in mysterious ways" cop-out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back