mod not working properly

hi, so i was makeing a mod in slade and i was useing the wiki for abillitys and flags. so when i run the mod it dosent do what i wanted it to do, instade of makeing it have the abillitys that i wanted (CA_DOUBLEJUMP and CA2_NONE) it just saved as sonic the mod is bellow, any help?

Attachments

• Ultra.wad
    683.1 KB · Views: 84
Heres why i think its not working properly its probally that the code is not working properly

Last edited:
You should make sprites for the mod and ask someone who is good at coding if they can help
Post automatically merged:

I also made your mod in a couple seconds using sonic

Last edited:
You should make sprites for the mod and ask someone who is good at coding if they can help

k thx thats probabaly the problem.. this is just a test mod for stuff witch will start become a real mod

It still dident work... will you mind sending the code you wrote, sorry if this is frustrating i cant make mods properly

Last edited:
I was looking into the mod, and I figured out what's wrong: In SOC_PLAY, the character selection screen is being told to make a new entry for Sonic under the display name "Ultra". The character himself does actually work, and is usable in multiplayer, however. All you really need to do is go into that lump and replace the following line:
Code:
SkinName = sonic
with this line:
Code:
SkinName = ultra

If you do decide to change the skin name in the S_SKIN lump, you should also change the SkinName line in the SOC_PLAY lump. Hopefully this clears up any confusion as to why your mod won't work.

I was looking into the mod, and I figured out what's wrong: In SOC_PLAY, the character selection screen is being told to make a new entry for Sonic under the display name "Ultra". The character himself does actually work, and is usable in multiplayer, however. All you really need to do is go into that lump and replace the following line:
Code:
SkinName = sonic
with this line:
Code:
SkinName = ultra

If you do decide to change the skin name in the S_SKIN lump, you should also change the SkinName line in the SOC_PLAY lump. Hopefully this clears up any confusion as to why your mod won't work.
Thx

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back