• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Mod in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoneywagner

SRB2-inactive
Alright, I'm making a mod that is gonna have 9 zones, and only one act almost complete. The zones that are gonna be included in the mod are:

1. River
2. Canyon Cave Zone
3. Jungle
4. Lava/Ice Mountain
5. Vacant Sea Zone
6. Doom Inc. Zone
7. Scattered Skies Zone
8. ???
9. ???
*The zones without "zone" in it don't have a name yet

I'll show you the progress on Canyon Cave Zone.

srb20296.png

The beginning

srb20298.png

A mine used to go through here

srb20299.png

The oldest part of the level

srb20300.png

Some of the ground moves

srb20301.png

The second oldest part of the level

Alright now to show some WIP parts.

srb20304.png

The unnamed river zone act 2.

srb20327.png

The beginning of the unnamed jungle zone

Well, that's all for now!

P.S. The mod needs a name =/

Edit: Canyon Cave Zone 1 will be submitted into the next contest

Last edited:
The first screenshot looks pretty, but the rest of them just don't really look interesting. Are those areas finished?
There's a Line in the final screenshot which needs a texture change so it matches the rest of the wall.

Yes I know about the line, and the most of the other areas aren't finished yet.

EDIT: Also that part is canned anyways, making it feel more like a jungle.

Last edited:
This mod looks very nice. I cant wait to see what the finished mod will look like! :D

They don't fit the theme of the level. Just because Crawlas were everywhere in 1.X, that doesn't mean we have to continue to do so.

It's only the second zone in the pack, so as far as difficulty goes, I don't see anything wrong with it.

It's not really the difficulty that's bugging me, it's more that they don't fit. But Stoney already told me he's keeping them, and it's his decision anyway.

I don't really see what makes them NOT fit. There's nothing about them that screams of being in one particular setting over another.

It's more that they don't fit any setting at all, except factory themes maybe. But they don't suit canyon zones in particular, especially when there are already three different enemies that would suit perfectly. But maybe I'm just too picky on these things.

Wow, that jungle zone looks good but everyone said my

jungle wad looks bad.

But your wad looks good and nice edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back