• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Misty lake from Sonic and the Black Knight SRB2 remake.

I'm loving the progress here so far! I haven't even played Black Knight but I love it all the same! I cannot wait (but I can wait at the same time) to play this in full release! considering your current track record for stages, i think your making quite the good reputation on this field my friend, keep it up! It's only gonna get better from here I just know it!!

alright heres the first attempt at remaking the level from scratch in Ultimate zone builder! im gonna try to do the same method i did with Emerald coast, make basic level design thats ugly and stuff first, then go back and make everything pretty and extra details and stuff. i have of course started with the beginning and since this is meant to be the first level in an potential full Sonic and the Black Knight level pack, ive decided to remove the split path that i put at the very beginning since its kinda strange to have a spilt path right away instead i basically combined them together with the left path taking you around to the right path. i personally think this is a bit better. ive also made the enemies 0.1% bigger because idk resizing enemies is fun! and there might be extra big ones later on in the level so ye. im glad y'all are still interested in this!

ok so after watching a little more of game grumps playing black knight and looking at my first attempt more, i removed the extra arch's on the first overpass and made the outer ones thinner. i added a tower that i saw in the background but you couldnt actually go into it, now you can. and added a little running section i guess which will lead into the forest for some hopefully fun platforming and the first split path. also messed with the water but idk if its noticeable all i did was made the camera tilt when you are near the death plane so i had to lower the plane so it wouldn't tilt over bridges or something and messed with the fog under there. also idk how to make the Crawlas on the bridge not go over to one side, i had them in a specific formation on the bridge and when you get there they are all just moved to the side HOW CAN THEY SEE YOU FROM OVER THERE!? idk ill hopefully figure it out but i just wanted some opinions on this level design, im still pretty new to original level design, ive watched alot of game design videos so im using all my knowledge from those.

After recreating emerald coast, bro is cooking a whole banquet again with a black knight level recreation

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back