Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scizor300

a man denied his homeland
Wikipedia (blargh) said:
Minecraft is a sandbox game which allows players to build constructions out of textured cubes in a 3D world. It is currently in development by Markus Persson, aka "Notch". The gameplay is inspired by Dwarf Fortress, RollerCoaster Tycoon, Dungeon Keeper, and especially Infiniminer. The game is split into two variants, Alpha and Classic; Classic is both single- and multiplayer and includes only the building aspects of the game with unlimited blocks, and Alpha also has a single- and multiplayer mode and includes monsters and a much greater variety of crafting available, as well as requiring players to mine their own blocks. Alpha is currently the alpha release of Minecraft, and will move into beta sometime in August 2010. Minecraft was developed for about a week before its public release on May 17, 2009 on the TIGSource forums, where it gained a considerable level of popularity. It has been continually updated since then.

I'm just going to get this out of the way. I love this game. The gameplay is interesting (Even better in Alpha), the level generator is awesome, and the massive range of materials for you to use is insane!

I'm saving up so I can get this game before the Notch bumps up the price when it hits Beta. As of the moment it's $13.

SCREENYS:
minecraft_061709.png

14ju8hf.png

3628519757_600e654732_o.jpg

castle.jpg

Now, I think these screenshots are from Classic, but it's still worth the money.

Discuss :3

Last edited:
I tried the free version and I just became very interested in it. This game becomes very addiciting after sometime. I might consider buying it as well. ^_^

While I normally like games where you build structures, this just couldn't keep me interested.
If you were able to freely place things and float around instead of dealing with the annoying mechanics this uses now, I'd like this much more.

Survival Multiplayer can be very fun with bros, even while exploring. It's kinda why I don't play singleplayer anymore. But this being a INDIE game, Scizor, I honestly didn't think you'd go THAT low to pirate it.

Also, cows.
animals2o.png

Survival Multiplayer can be very fun with bros, even while exploring. It's kinda why I don't play singleplayer anymore. But this being a INDIE game, Scizor, I honestly didn't think you'd go THAT low to pirate it.

Scizor300 said:
I'm just going to get this out of the way. I love this game. The gameplay is interesting (Even better in Alpha), the level generator is awesome, and the massive range of materials for you to use is insane!

I'm saving up so I can get this game before the Notch bumps up the price when it hits Beta. As of the moment it's $13.

Okay, we get that you're pissed, but do you have to drag this onto the forums, too?

While I normally like games where you build structures, this just couldn't keep me interested.
If you were able to freely place things and float around instead of dealing with the annoying mechanics this uses now, I'd like this much more.

Try the World of Minecraft custom client. It's for Classic and comes preloaded with flight, noclip, and speed tweaks. Plus it lets you play Classic offline, without needing a browser. (Need at least a free account for multiplayer, though.)

Minecraft Alpha is a bit more complex: you have to work for your building materials, and defend yourself against hostile creatures during the night. But it is a LOT of fun. And totally worth the money.

Personally, I find this game: more creative, scarier (strangely enough), and generally funner than most modern games out there.
I've been playing Dead Space for a while now (lol scariest game ever according to critics) and it hasn't nearly been as tense or jump-inducing as this game.

Though it's just because when you die you lose your inventory and usually the inventory is full of useful shit. When you die in Dead Space, nothing really happens.

That wasn't especially worth the bump.

What IS worth the bump is to note that this game goes Beta on next Monday, December 20th 2010. If you want to buy it, now's the time.

Not only that, if it's bought now everything for Minecraft (each update) is free. Glad I got it a few months ago.

Can PayPal switch currencies or something? Otherwise, I don't know how I would buy this.

I've only played the free version so far, but it seems pretty fun.

Sorry for the double post, but me and Crazic have been having some trouble with the Minecraft website. Is the server down or something...?

I'll take that as a compliment, Colson.
Anyway, I don't get smelting in Minecraft. Could someone walk me through it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back