Metal Sonic race help

Lumi154

I am currently making a custom stage where you race Metal Sonic. Does anyone know how to start the countdown when Metal is near the end of the stage

MAP25explanation.png

So basically, the countdown during the Metal Sonic race is handled by linedef executors. This LE is always triggered on level load (although technically its trigger linedef is a once trigger, at least one player will always spawn on it, thus triggering it.)

After A minute and a half, a linedef executor is ran that sets the floor height of an intangible, invisible, space countdown FOF to -2048, covering the entire map. This FOF has a tag of 65535. Now what's special about this specific tag is that it causes the linedef special to affect every sector in a map, so you can sorta see how the space countdown FOF covers the entire map. Other maps like Arid Canyon act 2 use this tag to set a global colormap.

I hope this explains how the countdown works in Metal Sonic races.

View attachment 60013
So basically, the countdown during the Metal Sonic race is handled by linedef executors. This LE is always triggered on level load (although technically its trigger linedef is a once trigger, at least one player will always spawn on it, thus triggering it.)

After A minute and a half, a linedef executor is ran that sets the floor height of an intangible, invisible, space countdown FOF to -2048, covering the entire map. This FOF has a tag of 65535. Now what's special about this specific tag is that it causes the linedef special to affect every sector in a map, so you can sorta see how the space countdown FOF covers the entire map. Other maps like Arid Canyon act 2 use this tag to set a global colormap.

I hope this explains how the countdown works in Metal Sonic races.
Thank you it worked

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back