Metal Gear Solid (series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earuto

Metal Gear solid is a great series that has been out since the Playstation. It's about a person named SNake who has these genes that are different from an average person. All he was trying to do is prevent war from happening.

I haven't played the series 1-3 and just got through beating #4 but I know all about what the whole series are about and what happened on all of them except for #3. I haven't play Metal Gear though, the one for nintendo or super nintendo.

What is your opinion on the game?

I haven't played them either, but I really want to. So many people have said they are really good and it makes me want to play them so badly.

I have played Metal gear solid 1 and 2, I still trying to find the third one though, As far as story lines go MGS has one of the most confusing, but that's why I love the series.

Hell, this has got to be one of my favourite game series' ever. Maybe the most favourite series. Also, MGS3 wasn't about Solid Snake, it was about Naked Snake, A.K.A. [spoiler:d709ca3baf]Big Boss.[/spoiler:d709ca3baf]

In the original Metal Gear, Snake actually had blonde hair, yet in the games to follow, he had brown. Of course, there's the possibility that he dyed it, but the original character was based on McGyver, IIRC. Whereas MG2, it was Mel Gibson.

Another subtle difference between Snake is that has blue eyes and Big Boss has green, yet Snake is a clone of Big Boss.

[spoiler:3e8b4aee3f]In MGS4 it is said to that Snake and Liquid weren't clones. They are the real thing although Big boss I think is.[/spoiler:3e8b4aee3f]

Btw I may have not played the series but when I was little I had saw my brother play 1, 2 and 3. I wanted to play them first but the stores did not have them except for #4. So I knew the stories but couldn't find the games.

[spoiler:b1509a85c6]Erm, no it wasn't. In all of MGS4, it was never stated that they weren't clones. Yes, it said they used a surrogate mother to clone. Yes, they had to borrow an egg cell from someone. No, it didn't say he wasn't a clone. In fact, it reinstated that they were clones in every single plot oriented cutscene.

How would it make ANY sense if Big Boss was a clone? If so, who the HELL was he a clone of?[/spoiler:b1509a85c6] Earuto, they sell 1,2 and 3 in a big collectors pack at most gamestops.

I actually shied away from that pack. MGS3 is missing the second disc, see - the one with the two MSX games. That rather irked me...

Since I got my PS2, though, I decided to nab MGS2 (why not, it was $5) and try it on. I wasn't sure how I'd take to it, given that it's a series about stealth, and stealth isn't my strong suit (and tends to lead to some of my least favorite parts of video gaming history). However... it seems to be much better in MGS than those other forced stealth segments. Go fig. Granted, the combat controls won't be winning any awards - it honestly feels like the only way to reliably kill anyone in the game is to snipe at 'em with the first-person view - but hell, I like it.

Since then, I purchased Twin Snakes for the GameCube. Last Tuesday, in fact. I'm already on Disc 2. I should really get back to it...

After that, I'll probably finish up MGS2 and hunt down MGS3:Subsistence - the real, honest-to-God, actually-includes-Disc-2 Subsistence, and not the version the $30 pack includes. I have no intentions of buying a PS3, so MGS4 shall elude me for the time being...

Orangelink said:
[spoiler:0b35067f14]Erm, no it wasn't. In all of MGS4, it was never stated that they weren't clones. Yes, it said they used a surrogate mother to clone. Yes, they had to borrow an egg cell from someone. No, it didn't say he wasn't a clone. In fact, it reinstated that they were clones in every single plot oriented cutscene.

How would it make ANY sense if Big Boss was a clone? If so, who the HELL was he a clone of?[/spoiler:0b35067f14] Earuto, they sell 1,2 and 3 in a big collectors pack at most gamestops.

Yeah, I don't go to gamestop, the one that was around me got vclosed down.

[spoiler:0b35067f14]I forgot, I'm just tired and didn't liook at what I was typing. Although in the end I do remeber Big Boss saying that Snake was a man not a clone because Snake even restated it to Otacon. I'm playing the game anyway just to be sure.[/spoiler:0b35067f14]

Shadow Hog said:
I actually shied away from that pack. MGS3 is missing the second disc, see - the one with the two MSX games. That rather irked me...

Yeah, but those two MSX ones are harder than the newer ones. Albeit they do feel more rewarding because of that.

Shadow Hog said:
Since then, I purchased Twin Snakes for the GameCube. Last Tuesday, in fact. I'm already on Disc 2. I should really get back to it...

Damn. I want that one, despite it being a MGS1 remake. D: £50 on Amazon and Play.com mind. >>'

Shadow Hog said:
After that, I'll probably finish up MGS2 and hunt down MGS3:Subsistence - the real, honest-to-God, actually-includes-Disc-2 Subsistence, and not the version the $30 pack includes. I have no intentions of buying a PS3, so MGS4 shall elude me for the time being...

MGS3 Subsistence has got to be (forgive me if I'm repeating myself) the best MGS there. If only the online stayed - I prefer MGS3 online to the MGS4 MGO myself.

Shadow Hog said:
Yeah, I was rather ticked off after getting that as when I asked the guy at gamestop about it, he assured me that it had the second disc. I only really got it because of how hard to find the original MGS for the playstation is without reverting to online stores, which I haven't trusted since a credit card number was stolen. Also, it has the best version of MGS2 substance packed in, and that's also a bit hard to find...
[spoiler:895456bf95]As for the Big Boss ending, I believed all he really said was some crap about zero, how he's going to die in a few seconds, and that Sanke should live on the rest of his life. Not the best ending ever, in my opinion. =/[/spoiler:895456bf95]

Well, Metal Gear Solid series are pretty good, very original compared to the other shooting games.

The original game was awesome, where you could actually defend yourself in close combat, the story was really entretaining and the fight against Metal Gear after Grey Fox dies is extreamly cool.

Metal Gear Solid 2 had some really good music, but the storylines sometimes got too based on other people, and the part where you play as Raiden (Jack) oh dude, that was totally wrong.

Metal Gear Solid 3... Um... ok, was very different to the previous ones, and this one instead of being after MGS2 is in the 60´s, did not liked it as much as the other ones, especially for that stupid manual-setting camo and gear.(Online playability)

Sonnarkku said:
The original game was awesome, where you could actually defend yourself in close combat, the story was really entretaining and the fight against Metal Gear after Grey Fox dies is extreamly cool.

Er, that wasn't the actual start to the series. The full start was Metal Gear on the MSX2. (might've been a different console, I may be thinking of Metal Gear 2)

Twin Snakes is significantly more difficult than either the original or MGS4. Loads of fun, too.

Furyhunter said:
Twin Snakes is significantly more difficult than either the original or MGS4. Loads of fun, too.

Agreed. (Even though I've only played a segmint of Twin snakes, And it's way too hard. @_@)

I found Twin Snakes to not be that vastly hard, as far as my memory goes. I'll have to play again now that I haven't played MGS in a million years. I'll probably end up eating my words, hah.

Actually come to think of it, I should finish MGS4 first.

Well, I remember I stopped playing MGS2 roughly around the point where I'd started to see enemies who would be badgered by their superiors if they failed to respond, meaning my usual strategy of putting them to sleep and running on by was starting to hit a snag (this wasn't WHY I'd stopped, mind, I just kind of... did). I boot up Twin Snakes, and guess what the first guards I snipe with the M9 do?

It's actually been pretty easy thus far, although the fact I'm a goddamn coward and am playing on Very Easy can't hurt. On the plus side, if I'm feeling completely suicidal, I can unlock Extreme and turn on "Game Over If Found". European Extreme, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back