metaknight and mr smiley

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.S.

Right now theese wads dont work in 1 Player mode. I am trying to fix that but for those of you who want to try them in single player mode, just use multiplayer co-op mode until i fix them.

Screenies:
Meta-Knight: Fly Character
srb20000.png

Mr Smiley: Glide Character
srb20001.png

Hobjoe drew these himself in paint, so I don't know if he can make anything better.

Just because you use MS paint does not excuse you from not making good stuff. If you use a more advanced tool, you have to know how to use it and still have some art skills to use it right. You can still use shading and stuff in paint.

Anyway, you really need to have the angle frames in there for the meta knight. I also think you need to make his body bigger. You should have shading and make it look a bit more like This

The smiley screenshot made me think of SMS...

That's not a good thing.

Torgo said:
Just because you use MS paint does not excuse you from not making good stuff. If you use a more advanced tool, you have to know how to use it and still have some art skills to use it right. You can still use shading and stuff in paint.
Three cheers to that! I use MS-Paint exclusively for all my spriting.

Anyway, might want to of course, add more shading, as well as touch up the drawings. *cough* And also, you get two points for not making it a recolor, and two points for atleast trying, so, I give it a...4/16. (Hey, it's better than -4/16)

zck2020 said:
Torgo said:
Three cheers to that! I use MS-Paint exclusively for all my spriting.

So do I.

1z71yk4.png

I made them back in January when I began my attempt to make him, but I now know that I'll probably never be able to use them, so if anybody here wants to, they can. I don't pretend to think that they're good by any means, but if you guys wanna edit them, that's fine with me.

Hmm, well it looks good in the essence that it actually looks like meta knight, but it doesn't appear to fit in with the srb2 environment, so here is what I suggest, try touching it up a bit with some shading, as for what kind of shading, watermark? Edgestroke? Shugimori? Your pick...

EMPEROR METALLIX said:
Hmm, well it looks good in the essence that it actually looks like meta knight, but it doesn't appear to fit in with the srb2 environment, so here is what I suggest, try touching it up a bit with some shading, as for what kind of shading, watermark? Edgestroke? Shugimori? Your pick...

I'm not going to be able to work on it anymore, for personal reasons I care not to discuss, but I'll tell you what I do know:

Shading shouldn't be too hard on the mask and blue body, but good luck doing it on the cape the way it is. SRB2 is severly limited in the number of purple colors in its palette. It's remarkable that the Blaze wad looks as good as it does. If anyone plans to use these (which you can, but surely you can do better :/ ), I would recommend making the cape green and shading that. Someone once told me that would work (I'd tell who but I forgot. Sorry if that was you).

Cue said:
The smiley screenshot made me think of SMS...

That's not a good thing.

The only reason it has a white outline is because that is the part that can change colors and the same with metaknight, 1-up had set his colors to white and that's why they look like that.

You could have made a few more frames than a forward facing one though. At some points I couldn't tell if I was facing forwards or backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back