• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Melting Glacier zone (My first SP level.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought of something that's totally epic and unheard of for this level: Have Act 1 where you enter the iceberg, and at the end you go deeper into the icy caves, then Act 2, instead of another level, you face the boss at the center of the level, when you defeat the boss, you go to act 3 where you have to escape the melting iceberg trying desperately to avoid the falling chunks of ice before you're crushed under the icy sea and finish with a spring launching you into the sky, to freedom...
Cool right?

I've got 2 nice ideas:
Your in a room with giant glacier which is melting down and the water level
rising, and you must make it to the top before you drown in the water.

Next is some scenery/obstacle idea: having stalactites fall down to kill you
(ex. Ice Cap Zone) and to act as a bridge over water, but you can also add some as scenery for the level.

I ditched the fake ending idea thing, and went with something else, after finding out how to do fofs on top of eachother (Thanks Eblo!)

srb20004-10.png

These slabs of ice aren't slippery, but as soon as you step on them they'll bob a bit and then crumble. (They do respawn.) If you happen to go down with the slab, you'll simply have to take the underwater route, which is slower and maybe harder. I haven't started it yet.

srb20005-5.png

The huge slab of ice you see to the right doesn't crumble, but it does sink a bit when you stand on it. That tunnel also to the right is new. But where does it lead?!

I'm glad people are suggesting interesting gimmicks for the levels, and that's definatly something you should take into account when making the levels, otherwise the levels would just be constant repetative platforming and nothing more, or more accuratly with ice levels it would just be, slippery floors & water that hurts you, all those have been done a million times, so keep thinking of the kind of awesome gimmicks that made Ice Cap a good zone.

I some crumbling ice, but beneath was just a bare pool that could be quickly thokked through. So I did a little bit of stuff in the pool, so if you fail at the platforming you end up taking a longer path.

srb20002-14.png

Complete with sharks and mines to harass you.

When you come across a huge underwater area, you'll notice some things, but there is an igloo somewhere.
srb20003-12.png

Looks Cozy inside.

srb20004-11.png

There's nothing in here to see for now (except some scenery, which does nothing minus the chimney on the roof), but there might be a hidden goodie or something later. I was mostly practicing using multiple FOF's on top of eachother.

How about making it so you have to fail the ice pieces by putting an invisible wall in front of them? That'd keep it from getting too short.

Also, two words. Icicle Caverns. A rather large room that constantly has falling icicles, which means you have to be quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back