MD2 color help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice

Pretty chill guy
Sorry if this has been answered in a previous topic, but how do you change the color of the sonic model in MD2? I was playing a ctf netgame with GR_MD2 on, and I realized that all players were blue (even the players on red). I'm new to the 3D models. Help?

Ok, have you downloaded the wizard.wad? If not, download it here, replace your existing sonic model with the one in there, rename the player texture( the one sonic uses) to something else, start the game, add the wad. Simple, no?

*continues explanation from "add the wad"*

When the MD2s have no texture(Player.png/PLAY.png/etc.), they wrap the sprite that would be used if they were inactive around themselves. For example, if you're playing as Sonic and your MD2s have no skin, the MD2 will wrap sonic around its shoes, resulting in an "Arachnoid Thingamawhatzit" appearance.

By loading a WAD from the wizard series (wizard 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and, most recently, 6), you replace Sonic's sprites with an image of the skin. And when the image of the texture is wrapped around the model... It creates an illusion of color changing models!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back