• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

maxwellCleanColors, my first palette mod!

ReddySoop_

aka Useott
I still don't know what to call it, and if you have suggestions, let me know!
Oh, and let me know if i should tweak anything (other than red and green i love how they turned out)
Screenshots:

srb20028.png
srb20026.png
srb20027.png

Post automatically merged:

oh yeah, i should probably make this clear that this isn't the final mod, i will wait for feedback on the palette itself and try to come up with an good name

Attachments

• my first palette mod.pk3
    4 KB · Views: 62
  • srb20029.png
    srb20029.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I haven't updated this in a while, but there is progress, i gave white more blue hue-shifting, but not too much (gray levels now have some color, i remember someone complaining about it), i also changed blue (example: Sonic has a blue that somewhat resembles his Mania colors but darker) and changed some other colors.

I won't be able to post it right now as i don't have it on my phone, so i will need to get home to be able to post the new version.

Here's a new demo (screenshots in order of old/new)

srb20032.png
srb20033.png

srb20034.png
srb20035.png

Attachments

• my first palette mod.pk3
    4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Not that much. just make a lua with the color name and the color data and put it in your wad, also if you want, make more luas with more colors and put them.

Wait no, I was talking about color packs. It is kind of hard to do a pallete mod, and very tedious. You have to change the sprite/flat/texture colors into whatever you want, save them as png, put them into the wad/pk3 and convert them in Slade into Doom Graphics.

Not that much. just make a lua with the color name and the color data and put it in your wad, also if you want, make more luas with more colors and put them.

Wait no, I was talking about color packs. It is kind of hard to do a pallete mod, and very tedious. You have to change the sprite/flat/texture colors into whatever you want, save them as png, put them into the wad/pk3 and convert them in Slade into Doom Graphics.
Um... No. Palette mods are really easy actually. You don't have to edit the textures themselves as you can, well, edit the pallette. I won't get into specifics here (more in depth info is easily found elsewhere) but you basically just have to insert a copy of srb2's palette (called playpal) into your own pk3 and use Slade's built in palette editor and you're done

Um... No. Palette mods are really easy actually. You don't have to edit the textures themselves as you can, well, edit the pallette. I won't get into specifics here (more in depth info is easily found elsewhere) but you basically just have to insert a copy of srb2's palette (called playpal) into your own pk3 and use Slade's built in palette editor and you're done
Awesome

Is this it?

Also, can you link where "elsewhere" is?

Attachments

• palette.png
    palette.png
    20 KB · Views: 38
I did more adjustments, but i want to release them in Addons & More instead of making it a WIP. But i still need to give it an actual name... WAIT A MINUTE I think I'm naming it "maxwellCleanColors", referencing this suggestion and my profile picture, while trying to have some originality:
Looks, good, maybe "cleanerpal"?

time to look at the file names of other palette mods to know if i need any prefixes

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back