Mario & Luigi Series

Mr.RustySoup

Am I a soup or am I a rust?
I was thinking about the Mario & Luigi games and thought it deserved a thread talking about it.
I only played Dream team, Paper jam and the Superstar saga remake and felt a little underwhelmed with Paper jam. The rest kept me interested with unique locations that present us with in-depth details not found in the broader Mario series, but Paper jam conformed to NSMB's structure and felt more like a generic Mario crossover than a Mario & Luigi X Paper Mario crossover.

The battle system still held up, Dream team had dreamy Luigi which ushered in absolute Luigi supremacy and Paper jam had Paper Mario which I appreciate for bringing trio attacks that had stepped up the theatrics.

I also found the graphics of the Superstar saga remake to be pleasant, they played around with lighting a lot more and I think the choice to stay 2D really benefitted the developers by letting them have more control over visuals in the environment without having to worry about the camera, sort of like the PS1 Final Fantasy games.

It's a real shame that Alphadream drowned in bankruptcy, but remaking Bowser's Inside Story instead of jumping ship to the switch just made no sense. Though I hope the Mario RPG remake can help me scratch that itch Alphadream fulfilled.

The original Superstars Saga was pretty fun,especially since its like Mario RPG on GameBoy Advance. It was fun destroying Cackletta each time i do a re-run of the game.I have mixed feelings about Partners In Time since its on DS,meaning i had to use the touch screen for better attacks.Bowser's Inside Story is in quite of a same issue too,though that has its good things and flaws (dont get me started on that annoying mini-game with carrots)

Also,Chuckola is the best drink in the entire Universe,so thanks Superstars Saga!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back