• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Making a character to never drown as an abbility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyper_Sonic00 said:
Wait, is there a way to make characters already in the game never drown? I would like to do this with Hyper Sonic because he was immune to drowning in Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Well at least I dont remember getting the 5 second warning after being underwater for about 5 minutes.

The file "Blah.soc" that is in the SRB2 DOWNLOAD folder will do this for you.

It has some side effects, like making Tails fly forever, though.

Freeze said:
Hyper_Sonic00 said:
Wait, is there a way to make characters already in the game never drown? I would like to do this with Hyper Sonic because he was immune to drowning in Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Well at least I dont remember getting the 5 second warning after being underwater for about 5 minutes.

that's my soc except the flash after you get hit only lasts for 1 second.

mario master said:
Freeze said:
Hyper_Sonic00 said:

that's my soc except the flash after you get hit only lasts for 1 second.
THAT explains where I got it from :P

Thanks for making that SOC lol. I loved using that.

Pokechar2 said:
Shuffle said:
More like 285714285 seconds.

285714285/60/60/24/7=472.41118551587301587301587301587 weeks

That's over 9 years!
No-one will stay underwater in the game that long.
You would have to leave the game on unpaused for years before they drowned.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
so you can set it to 999999999999999999999999999999999999999 (ect...) and your character will never drown

999999999999999999999999999999999999999/35/60/60/24/28/13/1000=908483051340194197.33705447991161 milleniums (I think) (according to my calculator)
Is this older than Earth?

Yes. It is (I belive) older than this universe itself.

I've got an idea. Rather than highering the "tics" you can make a soc that would make the water "land" and the land "water". Basically being able to drown on land. This would work because the character is a fish, correct? Also, nearly all fish cant live on land except for a certain fish and its subspecies.

It may be useful but hyperapc has just about gotten on my last freakin' nerve with the terrible grammar and useless bumps and posts, but it seems to appropriate action has been taken for this....

The last bump was this, not hyperapc:
luis90 said:
I've got an idea. Rather than highering the "tics" you can make a soc that would make the water "land" and the land "water". Basically being able to drown on land. This would work because the character is a fish, correct? Also, nearly all fish cant live on land except for a certain fish and its subspecies.

All right people, let's use our heads. We complain about people bumping in the topic they already bumped. This just adds more useless conversation. By that logic, I shouldn't be posting either, but someone has to make the point clear. If you don't like someone bumping a topic, don't post in it. This isn't an administrative message, this is common sense, 'kay?

Shuffle said:
More like 285714285 seconds.
Okay, nobody's going to be underwater for THAT long, but it's a better idea to just make it 0.

unless someones so dumb that they make an underwater level with no air
bubbles and no aqua sheilds.

how about 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999?

and thats a lot of nines... :D !!!

EDIT1:Sorry for the spam.....

Sonicandtails218 said:
All right people, let's use our heads. We complain about people bumping in the topic they already bumped. This just adds more useless conversation. By that logic, I shouldn't be posting either, but someone has to make the point clear. If you don't like someone bumping a topic, don't post in it. This isn't an administrative message, this is common sense, 'kay?
1. There is such thing as a useful bump.
2. We post in it because we feel like it. We also wish to try to help people know that bumping is bad (Well actually the admins do). So I think if I want to post in a topic then I am going to, 'kay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back