Make a wall transparent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BriGuy92

I'm making another level (No, I won't tell what it is) and I'm having a small problem. You see, I want to have a bridge going between two rooms and I want the wall linedefs to be transparent, as in, to show the sky. Here's a picture in case you're confused, which you most likely are.

srb20015.png

So in this picture, I would want the walls where REDWALL is showing to be transparent, or simply not there.

And no, the final bridge will not be made of grass. :P

Kaysakado said:
Change the Redwall to a translucent FOF.
Do you mean translucent FOF as in the "Linedef action"? I already tried that, and still got a redwall.

EDIT: Lemme read the wiki. I'm sure there's something in there that'll help.

First off, I'll post a better picture.

srb20016.png

The grassy parts on the sides, as you probably can see, are supposed to be a kind of "shelves", you could say.

Alright, I really don't quite understand what you're asking me to do. I tried making those sectors, where the grass shelves are, a FOF. The result was a GFZROCK texture perfectly aligned with the shelf. I then set the linedef where GFZROCK was to action 58, which is "Invisible FOF." I got the hall of mirrors. I reverted back to what I had before, and I still don't know what to do.

Make the ceiling height of the grass wall thing the same as the floor height.

It should work perfectly.

OK, remake that part in a seperate WAD file, upload it, and give us the link, then we'll fix it, reupload it, and you can look off of it to see what to do.

Never mind, I got what you all were trying to tell me, finally. I was supposed to make a FOF and set the floor and ceiling to the same height. It works now!

Yay indeed, my friend. Yay indeed.

Oh noes, though: now the "shelves" are no longer shelves! They're flat! Squished!

I'm sure I'll find a way to fix it, however.

That redwall shouldn't appear if you have a thok barrier with a floor and ceiling level the same as the "shelf" sector, IIRC.

Doesn't look like you built the thok barrier correctly. Make sure the floor and height of the sector are the same and the ceiling of the sector is F_SKY1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back