• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

LUNER CHRONICLES CHAOS CASLE beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curently workin on a beta and I have som screen shots and I would like to see what you think of it
sorry but the screen shot was taken in, window + open GL mode

throne room ^

dinning room ^

lab loby ^

sience lab 1 ^

sience lab 1 part 2 ^

teleport room ^

Well, it looks pretty good, but the chaos emerald's glow is blinding in OGL, and your rings need to be deafed, and not in such as large clusters.

It's also way to dark for software, I can see already. The rings aren't deaf'd. The Sonic flags are a noticable to the point where they really don't lead to anything "secret".

Also, there's waaaaaaaaay too many rings.

sorry I'm still learning how the form works so pleas for give me. Next time I will know oh and thanks for the tips you guys it will be helpfull.

sonicthehedgehog/gsonic said:
Very nice job a little dark but hey I cant wait keep up the good work.

You either need to get your eyes checked, or go visit the Level Design 101 link that On Edge has helpfully provided...

Jazz said:

You either need to get your eyes checked, or go visit the Level Design 101 link that On Edge has helpfully provided...

*sigh* Hello BETA, of curse hes gonna fix it up. hes showing this off so he can get some ideas or know how to improve. You can at lest cut him some slack, it cant be perfect on the first try, I'm just saying its looking good. And I cant wait how it turns out. =/

*headdesk*

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but betas aren't something outdated released to the public for a taste, but rather what you've got at the moment. That means he problably didn't intend to fix it when he posted the screens, because that was what he had.

Anywho, rings aren't dead corpses you can pilfer ammunition from. With the exception of boss fights, rings generally lead you in the right direction, giving you an incentive to travel in given direction. Collecting them is a plus, but not necessary.

Jazz said:

*sigh* Hello BETA, of curse hes gonna fix it up. hes showing this off so he can get some ideas or know how to improve. You can at lest cut him some slack, it cant be perfect on the first try, I'm just saying its looking good. And I cant wait how it turns out. =/

My statement still stands. People churn out crap every day and state: "OMG EAITS MAH FHIRST BETA!" as their excuse. Any beta should at least be in a playable state, which this level obviously isn't based on the screenshots.

BlueZero4 said:
I'm not sure if you've noticed, but betas aren't something outdated released to the public for a taste, but rather what you've got at the moment. That means he probably didn't intend to fix it when he posted the screens, because that was what he had.

Thats of course assuming he thought he was done with this map when he posted the screenshots. However, if he considered his work complete, he probably would have put up a download link.

So, we can only assume that he actually wants to fix his map. Now whether he does it or not is another story.

Jazz said:
Jazz said:

My statement still stands. People churn out crap every day and state: "OMG EAITS MAH FHIRST BETA!" as their excuse. Any beta should at least be in a playable state, which this level obviously isn't based on the screenshots.

what ever I just want to see how it turns out. And if you think it sucks thats your problem not mine.

Jazz said:
BlueZero4 said:
I'm not sure if you've noticed, but betas aren't something outdated released to the public for a taste, but rather what you've got at the moment. That means he probably didn't intend to fix it when he posted the screens, because that was what he had.
That's of course assuming he thought he was done with this map when he posted the screenshots. However, if he considered his work complete, he probably would have put up a download link.

So, we can only assume that he actually wants to fix his map. Now whether he does it or not is another story.
X_X

Whether or not it's finished is of my concern. I'm suggesting he had no intention to have had it fixed, otherwise he would've changed it before he posted screens.

So no, we can't assumehe wants to fix it. Rather, we assume by default that he doesn't.

just so those of you who are not shure wether I am going to change it or not I have, and I am working on act 2 and the boss fight the furst stage is done I am just getting the rest done so I can put it into a level wad. The reson I posted the screen shots is becous I needed your opinion
and the reson I have not posted new screen shots, is becous the tool I used for the screen shots expired if you could help me find one that dont mark it up and is free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back