Luminous Avenger iX 2

time gear

Eternity in an hour
A spinoff of the Azure Striker Gunvolt series, the Luminous Avenger iX series are MMXlikes that are honestly super cool. iX 2 just released today, and I've played about an hour of it so far. It's challenging but honestly quite fun. Inti-Creates might have finally made a worthy successor to the Mega Man Zero games with this one, it scratches the itch for more of that kind of game properly for the first time in Inti's lineup since back when they made ZX Advent on the DS.

Anyone else have their own thoughts on the Gunvolt/iX series, or even iX 2 specifically?

I got the game as soon as I possibly could and love it! The gameplay takes some getting used to, but it really was a fun challenge and they made getting Anthem feel amazing! It honestly looks gorgeous too, the Space Block especially blew me away, along with one of the final levels. The story is a bit lacking at first, but there’s a lot to uncover towards- and after- the end! The music is again, amazing. I can’t wait on my physical collector’s edition to come in with the soundtrack!

I understand some people aren’t as big on it due to Copen’s nerfs and the story lacking as much depth as iX1 (Tai loves just dropping cool ideas and never expanding on them himself), but overall I love it.

Oh wow, I didn't think iX 2 was coming out for another month or two. Now I have something to play while I wait for Elden Ring!

I've been a fan of the Gunvolt games since the first came out on 3DS, after having been a huge fan of the Zero series while it was ongoing. I know a lot of people don't enjoy GV's tag-and-shock gameplay loop, but I've always found it great fun to maximize the amount of enemies I kill with a single discharge. Copen/iX doesn't require as much strategy and level memorization, which makes him a tiny bit less fun for me, but his accessibility makes for a character that most prefer to play. His gameplay was still plenty good enough to carry the first iX game, and I'm sure it will continue to do so in iX 2.

IntiCreates has been my number 1 reason to turn on my Nintendo Switch for years now, between the Gunvolt ports, iX, and the Blaster Master Zero trilogy. I may just have to consider them my favorite games developer if Bayonetta 3 continues Platinum Game's post-Automata mediocrity.

I know a lot of people don't enjoy GV's tag-and-shock gameplay loop, but I've always found it great fun to maximize the amount of enemies I kill with a single discharge. Copen/iX doesn't require as much strategy and level memorization, which makes him a tiny bit less fun for me, but his accessibility makes for a character that most prefer to play. His gameplay was still plenty good enough to carry the first iX game, and I'm sure it will continue to do so in iX 2.
I do actually quite like GV's gameplay, but I prefer Copen because he reminds me more of Zero/ZX's gameplay style. His weapon copy abilities are more similar to X, but his actual moveset feels like a hybrid between Model A and Model H, and now in iX 2 he feels more like Zero than ever.

GV is quite unique. I don't really feel like he could be directly compared to any of the Mega Man cast, which imo makes him perfect for a crossover in the unlikely event Capcom ever decides to work with Inti again. Copen would work well for that too, but he doesn't necessarily need that treatment as his gameplay style is already more similar.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back