LOTR-SRB2 Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdog003

LOTR-SRB2 is 21 megabytes. 21 stinking megabytes. How do you send 21 megabytes of data via email, or on a webpage?

Then, I played a netgame. I didn't have the newest version of Mystic Realm, so it downloaded it to my PC. Cool. I could use this to hand out the demo of LOTR-SRB2. Provided that someone would sit around for an hour waiting for lotr-srb2 to be downloaded.

I'm probably breaking the rules, but I can host a netgame for anyone who wants a copy of the LOTR-SRB2 wad. Would this work, or would just some parts of the wad be transferred while others don't?

21 megs isn't very big, you could transfer that through IRC or the interweb or something..

If you're capable of hosting, I would suggest setting up a TDCC bot on IRC to hand it out instead of hosting a game. Much more stable and isn't a game so people can't stay and slow it down for everyone else.

I lied. 3 MBs without music, 31 MBs with.

I don't go on IRC. Maybe I could use SourceForge...

Oops. LOTR-SRB2 is my Lord of the Rings modification.

IRC is the protocol and mIRC is a client. To put it in English, IRC is the set of rules for everyone to follow, like the traffic laws, and mIRC is a car that lets you in. You could get another client, like say a truck or SUV, but they all work, it's just personal preference which one to use. They all use the same roads regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back