Lost Srb2 songs?

I think you can still re-enable the old MIDI tracks in the options menu, if you really wanted to. At least, I think that's what that option does. I never used it myself.

Seeing all the redoing of Srb2 music makes me think that some tracks are lost to time.
Ah... yes... The legacy music. Theres so much to go through!

My favorite music is this one:

Wait... lost to time... shoot theres nothing really lost from srb2. Even mine maze and rocky mountain have a remake music! But there are some channels that have some. Theres even the rick roll music I read what would happen in the IRC beta match! ... I love these types of threads WAY too much lol

Most srb2 music for legacy you may be interested in: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnNPjj5WgTtulxfHkE_Irrw

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCESJ2jaNvt4tRuXnD2KtZQw (Midi is the best! Plus its from the demo era and not 2.0 (+) check this out)

I think you can still re-enable the old MIDI tracks in the options menu, if you really wanted to. At least, I think that's what that option does. I never used it myself.
Actually, if you want the old tracks, all you have to do is delete patch_music.pk3. Then load it up, switch your music preference to MIDI, and thats pretty much it. Though the version for the old MIDI version is 2.1's version, highly doubt you will see anything that was lost forever.

Actually, if you want the old tracks, all you have to do is delete patch_music.pk3. Then load it up, switch your music preference to MIDI, and thats pretty much it. Though the version for the old MIDI version is 2.1's version, highly doubt you will see anything that was lost forever.
Note that THZ1 will still have the 2.2 music, as that song made it into release 2.2.0 and wasn't added later.

If you want the old soundtracks for everything, you have to download 2.1.

Note that THZ1 will still have the 2.2 music, as that song made it into release 2.2.0 and wasn't added later.

If you want the old soundtracks for everything, you have to download 2.1.
Crap I did forget about that... Although, theres one way you can still play the 2.1 THZ in 2.2.
All you have to do is rip D_MAP04M.mid and D_MAP05M.mid from 2.1's music.dta, rename it to D_THZ1.mid and D_THZ2.mid , delete the current THZ from your 2.2's music.dta, and replace it with the 2.1's. If you don't feel like doing all of this, I ripped it out and renamed it for you. So all you have to do is delete the current THZ and replace it.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/277bvrbgm0hu2hu/D_THZ1.mid/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/mxd6638gix87pf9/D_THZ2.mid/file

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing lost regarding SRB2 would have to be the rest of the original source files of SAGE 2000. I'm not sure if there have been updates, but SAGE 2000's source files have been something of a mystery that has only been clarified in relatively recent years. Given SRB2's surprisingly traceable internet footprint of over 20 years, that's really saying a lot.

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing lost regarding SRB2 would have to be the rest of the original source files of SAGE 2000. I'm not sure if there have been updates, but SAGE 2000's source files have been something of a mystery that has only been clarified in relatively recent years. Given SRB2's surprisingly traceable internet footprint of over 20 years, that's really saying a lot.
Aren't Xmas 0.90 and 2.1.13 lost too?

Aren't Xmas 0.90 and 2.1.13 lost too?
.... not for the second one. That one still very much exists and can easily be released. It's source code still exists.

And XMas 0.90 was intentionally destroyed by Sonniku and SSNTails because it was equalivent to XMas 0.92 but Halloween HUD and someone randomly presses Alt+F4.

Intentionally destroyed? Can I get a source on that?

Intentionally destroyed? Can I get a source on that?
i dont have the source but im pretty sure if we go on the discussion about 0.90 xmas we see it mentioned by people that talked to them.

and for my personal part there is 2 actually lost musics
the indev greenflower zone act 1 music and the indev vs eggman music
both where on stjr channel but were remplaced quickly after the release of 2.2 by the actual tunes

theres actually a TON of lost, rather unused srb2 songs, that SSNTails has
idk if its g00d to tell about that online, i guess its nothing bad

.... not for the second one. That one still very much exists and can easily be released. It's source code still exists.

And XMas 0.90 was intentionally destroyed by Sonniku and SSNTails because it was equalivent to XMas 0.92 but Halloween HUD and someone randomly presses Alt+F4.
First off, 0.90 came first. Second, SSN never intended to "destroy" 0.90, it was just lost. There was another website that hosted it, but it was removed and no archives were available.
Post automatically merged:

i dont have the source but im pretty sure if we go on the discussion about 0.90 xmas we see it mentioned by people that talked to them.

and for my personal part there is 2 actually lost musics
the indev greenflower zone act 1 music and the indev vs eggman music
both where on stjr channel but were remplaced quickly after the release of 2.2 by the actual tunes
There's actually more indev 2.2 songs.

Seeing all the redoing of Srb2 music makes me think that some tracks are lost to time.
Some of them were, actually.

Last edited:
First off, 0.90 came first. Second, SSN never intended to "destroy" 0.90, it was just lost. There was another website that hosted it, but it was removed and no archives were available.

There's actually more indev 2.2 songs.

Some of them were, actually.
First of all, while it was never destroyed or lost due to time, they did intentionally make it hard to find (thereby causing it to be lost). Second of all, the only known sites that likely hosted it was the Emuzone-era SFGHQ and the STJr. website at the time. In fact, it's more likely that the Emuzone-era SFGHQ download likely redirected to STJr (as with all games published there with a domain/geocities crap/linky thingy). The closeset we will ever get is a modified Halloween build (from a mashup of both the Halloween SRC and the Christmas SRC). Mark my words.

First of all, while it was never destroyed or lost due to time, they did intentionally make it hard to find (thereby causing it to be lost). Second of all, the only known sites that likely hosted it was the Emuzone-era SFGHQ and the STJr. website at the time. In fact, it's more likely that the Emuzone-era SFGHQ download likely redirected to STJr (as with all games published there with a domain/geocities crap/linky thingy). The closeset we will ever get is a modified Halloween build (from a mashup of both the Halloween SRC and the Christmas SRC). Mark my words.
For the record, the 1st thing is what I meant.

Intentionally hard to find? How preposterous! Wait, do you remember the mix of the Halloween source and Xmas source mod?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back