Looking for dashmode source code in files

Hey y'all,

I've been trying to create a character for a while, and I have started making one of my first custom LUAs. After a bit, I hit a dead-end in trying to make one completely by myself, and I should probably base one off the code from the game. The problem is that I am having a bit of trouble finding the source code for any of the character flags in the game. Does anyone know where I could find the source code for the dashmode?

Thanks in advance!

Hey y'all,

I've been trying to create a character for a while, and I have started making one of my first custom LUAs. After a bit, I hit a dead-end in trying to make one completely by myself, and I should probably base one off the code from the game. The problem is that I am having a bit of trouble finding the source code for any of the character flags in the game. Does anyone know where I could find the source code for the dashmode?

Thanks in advance!
So, you need dash mode source code? Is it because you're trying to give your char dash mode right? If so, you could just use SF_DASHMODE! If you want to make it so when you're in dash mode you're immune, it's as simple as another flag SF_MACHINE.
There's no need for the source code. (SF_DASHMODE|SF_MACHINE) If you're having trouble check my about for my discord.

Yes, I have used both of those tags before. However, I plan on making a different dashmode for this character that allows him to break through walls, spikes and badniks. Thanks for helping though!

Yes, I have used both of those tags before. However, I plan on making a different dashmode for this character that allows him to break through walls, spikes and badniks. Thanks for helping though!
Spikes? badniks? walls? Well I think you should use like a specific hook, I forgor the hook lmoa-

Anyways just add states when the player enters dash mode make it so that they can break spikes, and badniks. Not sure about walls. Why not make a wall breaking lua, and when the player reaches dash mode, apply that lua to dash mode.

Hmmmm, that sounds good, and about the hook, I think there is one. Pretty sure its the collide hook that allows the characters to break through spikes and walls. Would I be able to add this to my character if he already has a dashmode flag? Like checking if the character has the dashmode flag and adding those additional attributes to it?

Hmmmm, that sounds good, and about the hook, I think there is one. Pretty sure its the collide hook that allows the characters to break through spikes and walls. Would I be able to add this to my character if he already has a dashmode flag? Like checking if the character has the dashmode flag and adding those additional attributes to it?
Yes you can, you'll need dash mode like I said "when reaching DASH MODE, just add the lua that makes you break walls"

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back