Loading SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon166

Okay, I didn't mind this at first, but with the fact that the game kicks you even if you just don't have a wad makes this really annoying. When I start SRB2, it takes a long time to load. It usually stays on the Sonic Team Jr. message for a long time before going to the opening movie. I just thought it was normal, but it seems that everyone else can just re-open SRB2 in maybe 2 minutes if they get kicked. Is it really slow, or am I just impatient? How do I fix it?

SRB2 takes about four seconds to load up here. Something is definately wrong on your end.

Are you using software or OpenGL hardware rendering mode?

It probably wouldn't hurt to post your system specs and hardware config here, either.

I thought so. I don't think I'm using either software or OpenGL. I have both DivX and DirectX, but I just can never remember which one is used for this, if either. I have a Windows XP. I often get a "Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low" popup from my taskbar, usually whenever I start a new gaming program. My system usually won't run 3D games online, but this isn't really 3D renderings. The thing is, my Ping isn't ever very high, but it's relatively high on some sites in comparison to many people. I have a cable connection, but my computer is very slow on almost everything. I've had this system since 2001/2002, so this might be too old. The storage isn't too full, I think I at least have 40% left. I'm not sure about the graphics card, but it might be a problem. Oh yeah, and it's a Dell.

Jon166 said:
My system usually won't run 3D games online, but this isn't really 3D renderings.
You're right, it's worse. It's rendering 3D on the CPU instead of on a video card like most games do. :X
If you're constantly getting memory warnings, then maybe you should buy some more memory. That would most likely be the reason everything is slow. A lack of memory can really slow down your system like mad..

By the way, the game runs in Software by default. And DivX isn't used for rendering games, it's a video codec for videos/movies.

Shuffle said:
You're right, it's worse. It's rendering 3D on the CPU instead of on a video card like most games do. :X
If you're constantly getting memory warnings, then maybe you should buy some more memory. That would most likely be the reason everything is slow. A lack of memory can really slow down your system like mad..

By the way, the game runs in Software by default. And DivX isn't used for rendering games, it's a video codec for videos/movies.
I got it for running video game speed run videos, so I wasn't sure which one. =p

And as far as the rest goes, I thought that was the problem. The only thing I'm worried about is that when I order one from Dell, I might order something completely different. :oops: What exactly would a memory thing be called?

RAM. What kind you'll need for machine, I don't know. We'd need to know what kind of motherboard you have. You can find that out.. somehow..
Wait until tomorrow for somebody that knows what they're talking about to help you. XP

Thanks, that's enough for now. If someone read this and knows more, please post, but you don't have to say any more if you don't.

Find the serial or whatever #s on your memory stick, and go to a website and search for it.

Jon166 said:
I often get a "Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low" popup from my taskbar, usually whenever I start a new gaming program.

You are getting this error because you do not have enough memory to run stuff or you have bad memory. You can buy more memory. But first try this

Click Start then Run and type msconfig and click OK a menu will pop up goto the startup tab on that menu and click disable all. Click OK and it will ask you to restart. So restart your computer. This should help you and speedup your computer. This is not the only thing you can do to help your computer's memory. I will list more things you can do later.

More Info on msconfig
http://www.netsquirrel.com/msconfig/

You can also get rid of all Malware on you system as well.
Here are some spyware, adware, and virus removal programs.

Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4
http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10401314.html?tag=lst-0-1

Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition 1.06
http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Personal-Edition/3000-8022_4-10399602.html?tag=lst-0-1

AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 7.1.394
http://www.download.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Free-Edition/3000-2239_4-10543927.html?tag=lst-0-2

Malware wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malware

Note: You can only have one Anti-Virus program. and also all of these programs are free.

PS: You can tell me your computer specs. So I can see if there is any thing else I can do.

Jrose, I think it would be better to adjust the pagefile size.

Right-click My Computer > Properties > Advanced > Performance > Settings > Advanced > Virtual Memory > Change

Then, make both the initial and maximum pagefile sizes at least twice the size of your available RAM.

FoxBlitzz said:
Jrose, I think it would be better to adjust the pagefile size.

Right-click My Computer > Properties > Advanced > Performance > Settings > Advanced > Virtual Memory > Change

Then, make both the initial and maximum pagefile sizes at least twice the size of your available RAM.

I have never heard of that FoxBlitzz. I will half to try that on my computer to see if I can make my computer any faster. When I was Computer Repair class the number one thing that slowed computers down or gave you Virtual Memory error was Malware. Second was to much stuff on the computers. At my school a lot of people had p2p programs on there computer and a lot of these p2p programs have malware. Be sites that I recommend these anti-malware programs for all Windows computer users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back