Linedef Type 313, No More Enemies specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardo

Dead Guybrush in netgames
According to this page http://ssntails.sepwich.com/specials.html#l313, the Invisible Intangible FOF linedef (type 223) can be placed in a separate control sector which is tagged to the No More Enemies linedef.

Problem is, things don't work like that. In order to work correctly, the FOF linedef must be placed in the same control sector where the No More Enemies linedef is.

Although this isn't much of an issue (or even a bug), I am interested in knowing the outcome of this report, so the correspondent Wiki page can be adjusted to reflect the correct specification, should this turn out to not be "fixed".

I think you must have misread that page. It clearly states that the FOF linedef has to be included in the LD313 control sector.

No, Fawfulfan, it doesn't. The Wiki page mentions it, but not SSNTails' specials page. That, on the other hand, is because the specials page is horrendously outdated and incomplete. I don't think that is a bug, it's just programmed that.

SSNTails's Page said:
Like linetype 302, but is only activated when no more objects of type MF_ENEMY exist in its tagged area. Think "destroy all enemies in this room for the door to open to go to the next room". Tag this to a control sector. It will go through the lines of the control sector, checking for any lines of type 223 and checking inside the area occupied by the invisible intangible FOF to see if any enemies exist. If no alive enemies are in all of the type 223 FOFs, the linedef executor is run once. The line length is the tag number of the linedef executor trigger to run.

Looks pretty accurate to me.

You can't just tag it to any control sector, you must tag it to its own control sector. Both linedef type 313 and 223 need to be in the same sector, and that paragraph doesn't say that.

Actually, you don't even need to tag it to anything. The linedef executor trigger to be called is the one with a tag equal to the length of the No More Enemies linedef.

EDIT: What needed to be said wasn't, so here goes: you don't need to tag it to any control sector, since the game already looks for linedef type 223 in the same sector.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back