Limit of levels in SRB2 DOOM BUILDER ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Internet Explorer

IT'S NO USE
Hello, good evening, sorry to ask again for help ...
I noticed for some time this strange red framework. I think it is the level cap. However, I do think an extremely long level , which may not fit into this square. Thus, two questions:

- The red frame is it really the level cap?
- If it is indeed the limit, can I enlarge it to have even more places?

Do not answer "your level held in the framework", please. I'm not kidding when I say "huge level. "
limitsrb2doombuilder.png

Charybdizs

>WTB lamp oil
Administrator
Judge
A really long level would probably cause a lot of framerate lag anyways, if by that you meant having one huge long open sector. I tried something like that recently, and trust me, it gets really ugly.

SSNTails

What part of 'RETIRED' don't you understand?
Seriously? You need MORE space? Even EggRock doesn't go that large...

Internet Explorer

IT'S NO USE
Uh ... Yes! I will create a final secret level in Temporal Line (a mod I'm trying to create) which will last over 15 minutes, he he he !

Rei

Locked User
Mabye if you need even more space, I suggest you split the level into two acts or otherwise try to fit you level neatly within the limits.

Ezer'Arch

ArchPack is out. Waiting for UDMF.
Tip: I know a way you can make the player go from an act to another "almost" directly (the "score tally" is not displayed between the acts; see Oceanic Cove Zone), but I forgot how to do it.

(someone would mind telling us?)

EDIT:

Great SRB2WIKI! http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Linedef_Type_2

I thought it was a level header parameter (well, it could be).

Last edited:

Mystic

I'll note you'll still run into problems before actually hitting the maximum size regardless. NAGZ has no REJECT because Zennode literally crashes if it attempts to build one. There is just a practical limit on the size of stages and it's a good idea to split up maps it they get TOO large.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)