Light Block errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceKGreen

Neon Knight
I'm sure you've all seen those death pits in ACZ and ERZ and how they gradually darken as you approach the point of death. I've been trying to get something similar in my current project, but...

srb20008.png

There are two Light Block FOF's down there, one with a light level of 128 and one with a light level of 64. As you can see, the lower one is not showing up for some reason. This is confusing, as I've already made a working setup the exact same way...

srb20009.png

...and even with that working one, if I add another light block above the other two blocks, it doesn't even show.

srb20010.png

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a bug here? Or did I miss some retrospectively obvious step in the process?

Yeah, I remember having something very similar to that in my wad. Use Half light blocks instead of light blocks.

Just so everyone knows, you really want to use the half light blocks for this kind of thing for framerate reasons, even if the full light blocks properly displayed.

I just use Half-Light myself, but I doubt that's the issue. You SURE the light level is the same on each? I don't know if Light Blocks and Half Light Blocks work the same way, so...

EDIT: Ninja'd ;_;

The problem might be the number of the control linedefs for the light blocks. The game parses one linedef before the other, so it might be trying to render it the other way around.

Try switching the heights and light levels of the blocks and see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back