Level test Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeFan1

I'm building a practice level using the tutorial on the wiki.

Im now at the point where I'm trying to test it for the first time.
However, when I do that, I get the following error.

"Warning: Could not find the engine exectuable. Please check your configuration!"

I believe there were instructions in the wiki about setting this up before doing anything, and I followed them, so I don't understand why its not working.
Help please...

I changed something, but I still cant get my level to run.

Now it sends me directly to greenflowerzone act1.
How to I get it to send me to my practice level instead?

Please somebody help, no one responded to my first post.

Are you sure you are going to Greenflower Zone Act 1, or do you see your level with Greenflower Zone Act 1 when the level starts?

If you see the second one, then don't worry that is easily fixed. If you are really going to GFZ1, then we should check a couple of options.

Open SRB2 Doom Builder and click on Tools on the menu bar. From there click on configuration. From there, you should see a window pop up with a couple of tabs. Now look at the picture below.

24c9n5w.png

Now, the important things that you need to pay attention to is the Engine part of the picture. Where you see Executable, click Browse and point to where you put your SRB2 v2.0.4. The file you need to look for is srb2win.exe as seen in the picture above (Your location is most likely to be different then mine, that is fine).

If it still shows the real GFZ1, and not just your level with Greenflower zone act 1 in the title, then you might want to try turning on or off the "Add map resources wad". I am unsure if that will actually work, but it is worth a shot.

No, it really is taking me to Greenflower Zone Act 1.

It's pretty obvious, since my level is just a big empty square room right now.

And I think srb2win.exe is what I have in there, so I'd better go try that other thing you said.

I'll update after I try it.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Ok, it looks like something is seriously wrong here...

I have my configuration under files set to srb2.srb running on version 2.0.
I have the executable on the test page set to srb2win.exe
I've tried toggling the Add Map Resources box on and off.

No matter what, when I hit the test button on my practice edited level, I go not to the level I've built, but to Greenflower zone act 1.

I'm totally stumped I can't think of anything I'm doing wrong.

That sounds like a good idea, as I'm pretty sure this map isnt called Map01 at the moment.

But... how do I change that?

Use the EDIT tab at the top of the window, then click map options at the bottom of the list. Next in the new window, look for map name and type "MAP01".

Aha!

Thank you so much darkbob! I finally got to see my (albeit painfully simple) level rendered and in action.

Now I just have to get to work designing that baby lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back