• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Level pack collab revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a problem with the DSZ textures on smaller structures. They just don't tile well on large walls.

I really hate to sound like a jerk, but that ZZZ sky is just awful. It clashes so hard with the map's colors, and it doesn't even loop correctly. You're fixing it, right?

I really hate to sound like a jerk, but that ZZZ sky is just awful. It clashes so hard with the map's colors, and it doesn't even loop correctly. You're fixing it, right?
Don't worry, it's just a placeholder for what I have in mind for ZZZ's sky.

Anyways...
59yays.png

2pq2x.png

More badnik progress. Only the front sprites are done. The snowman-spider jumps up into the air and shoots three snowball projectiles towards you, and the propeller thing shoots non-damaging tornadoes that will do...something.

Obviously, these won't be in ZZZ for much longer. Once I start working on CCZ and CDZ, they'll be in their rightful zones.

The sky texture for ZZZ1 does not fit properly, certain parts of the sky doesn't blend in or line up, do you think you can fix that?

Liking how cartoony those badniks look - sort of fit's SRB2's art style. Especially that propeller one, even if both of them could do with a bit more shading in a few places. =P

etzcwh.png

All of the badnik sprites I have finished so far, plus an unfinished one. As you can see, the Cryonic City hothead, Honeyhive larva and Cloudy Domain thundercloud have been added to the roster, as well as an unfinished Steam Engine ceiling crawler.

I've been experimenting with Gravity Garden's gimmicks, specifically, the reverse-gravity water, which is ridiculously fun to mess around with. I also have a basic starting room for Act 1.

2l9mk5.png

There will be more scenery added, such as some thing-based plants and lights on the ceiling. Maybe even some asteroids visible out the window. I don't know.

Nevermind the mixdown problems, do they actually fit the intended theme/atmosphere for Gravity Garden? I imagine not, if said zone is still anything like that original concept room by Charyb.

Nevermind the mixdown problems, do they actually fit the intended theme/atmosphere for Gravity Garden?.

Well, the only two elements I had in mind for the tracks were "space" and "garden". So I ended up making house music with sweeps, airy pads, and natural sounds (percussion, flutes, etc.).

Charyb told me that the problem was the tracks weren't "Happy" enough. Then he linked me to several Vocaloid songs. The thing is: I didn't know that Gravity Garden was meant to be a cheerful area at the time of producing. Being in a space station for biological and natural research doesn't sound happy to me, unless one would go for a "Sonic Colors" style, where there would be festive and bright decor everywhere. Like I said above, I only had two simple elements in mind. Now, if you were to argue that Act 2 sounded too dark, I would totally agree. I went a little too overboard with the... deepness? I don't know.

To EvilEnternity3000: I'm going to assume you're not going to use these. Oh well. If you still need anything music-wise, I'm still free.

I have Gravity Garden structured as a space station that exists to preserve, examine, and cherish the beauty of nature. It's not a twisted research lab, it's an art display. It's definitely happy, and very peaceful. In my version, there are no enemies even, because they'd screw with the mood. But that's my version. EvilEnternity can make whatever he wants, and I'll make mine.

I'm currently using my older composition for the level. I'll admit that it's a bit repetitive, but it'll do for now.
https://soundcloud.com/terrific-tentacle/gravity-garden-zone-act-1

Also, new screenshots.
2z3whlj.png

Some tiles on the ceiling in this tunnel have flowers growing in their place. How delightful.

2afzsk7.png

A big room with a river in it. At one point, you will run through it in reverse gravity, exploring the areas on the ceiling. Also white flowers! Honeyhive has some custom thing scenery as well, in the form of mushrooms and roses, but I'll have to redraw them as they currently look rather terrible.

There's supposed to be a SDURF mkII in there as well, based off of the SRB1 hoppy guys, but apparently, the concept of jumping over a bridge in an arc freaks it out, and it flew straight at a wall instead of doing what I wanted it to. Stupid fish!

Is there any problem if I offer my maps to be included? Not only those in my released pack, but also those in the making and all rooms, pieces, mock-ups, mechanics, scrapped ideas and concepts (this too) to be freely used for whatever you or whoever can come up with, for this collab.

I just think my pack is too small to live alone as well as I'm not able to build entire maps just to use the concepts I have piled up. ^^'

EDIT:

I also offer any support for those who want to use my pieces and concepts in their maps. There is enough content to create 2 or 3 maps, but they won't make much sense if I put them together.

Last edited:
I know this stage probably isn't even close to being in the works yet, but since this pack is being revived, I thought I might as well take a stab at the song I said I'd do. Here's my attempt at Steam Engine Zone. Whipped it up in a few hours, so I still consider it a very rough draft. I couldn't find a good lead instrument, so I chose the most annoying one! Fake electric guitar! If anyone has any suggestions for a good lead instrument, I'd be more than happy to hear.

EDIT: Also, this is my first song for SRB2, so if it doesn't fit the style, please let me know how to improve it.

Steam Engine Zone Music (Rough)

Last edited:
EDIT: disregard that eggskater, it randomly crashes the game and I found a better one someone made back when the collab was still a thing

j6mkco.jpg

Also, here's an unfinished front sprite for the Steam Engine boss even though I haven't actually made Steam Engine yet.

It's the metal sonic thing, but with wheels instead of legs! The pinnacle of robot hedgehog technology!

Last edited:
I love these new badnicks!
The levels seem to be a bit had to navigate as sonic, from what I've gather of the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back